Tire Squeak

Outsource

After installing the drop spindles and shackles, I notice that my tires are squeaking more when drive around in the parking garage at work. We're talkin at speeds less than 3 mph. Actually, its difficult to make a turn without them squeaking.

What gives?

I've concluded that the tire squeak is a result of the camber being off. When turning, the wheel leans towards the inside. This causes the outer part of the tire to loose grip and "slide" instead of "track", thus causing the squeaking noise.

Can anyone confirm my theory?

I've concluded that the tire squeak is a result of the camber being off.  When turning, the wheel leans towards the inside.  This causes the outer part of the tire to loose grip and "slide" instead of "track", thus causing the squeaking noise.

Can anyone confirm my theory?

Yeah probably - I would call the drop kit manufacturer and ask what the new alignment specs should be.

Mr. P.

After installing the drop spindles and shackles, I notice that my tires are squeaking more when drive around in the parking garage at work.  We're talkin at speeds less than 3 mph.  Actually, its difficult to make a turn without them squeaking.

What gives?

Dont see the issue with that, maybe they used a polisher in the parking garage....or maybe your lower to the ground etc so you hear it. the only other thing is, maybe you need a alignment *camber may be screwed up*

EDIT: wierd i didnt see any posts when i posted so i guess im kinda stumped

Edited by drako (see edit history)