Question about dynatech model

CaliChevyV8

TBYRNE was supposed to have the new dynatech models that don't burn the spark plug wire. When dynatech changed them did they get rid of that weird bend or just adjust it to not hit the plug wire? Because I got my system in and it still has that weird bend so I don't know if it is the old plug burning model or maybe it is the new one but they still have the bend on them...

post-8410-1161367467_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow is my only day to install them too to have them ready for the races on the 28th...I know some people have zip tied them, got longer wires and found ways to clamp them to the engine. Anyone feel that there is a EASIEST and most efficient way of doing it?

i went with revolution raceworks recommendation on this one and got the taylor vertex wires. i see many on here have the msd's but when i contacted msd they were fairly clueless as to the wires i needed with ls1 connections on one side and straight boots on both ends.

oh absolutely they have to have ls1 connections on the coil end. i ordered from summit the following.

pn: TAY-46052 terminal boot kit $15.39

pn: TAY-73455 spiro-pro universal 8MM $57.39

i bought my own heat wrap from a local speed shop but i think taylor sells this stuff too.

correct. you really only need to wrap the #5 & #7 wires. i only wrapped those two. i used asbestos wrap for marine applications. i did not change the plugs. with only 1400 miles it just didnt seem worth it to me. you could also contact dynatech and they will send you out two new retrofitted msd wires to replace the factory ones if you want. i have them but never put them on as i changed all mine over to the taylors. if your interested, pm me and i could drop them in the mail to you.