Question about dynatech model

CaliChevyV8

Alright I got the same taylor universal wire kit as you and I got two space age boots for the plugs near the weird header. I'm gonna do the install tomorrow at a buddy of mines mechanic shop, hes lettin me use his lift and all his tools :cool: . Any last tips or anything besides patience that anyone has regaurding the install of the headers or the spark plug wires? Thanks

Well I have absolutely nooo idea how anyone could possibly get this system done in under 8 hours alone in thier driveway at home. So many things just werent right, but I got it on in 6 hours with the help of another guy in a shop. The parts list says its only supposed to have two clamps but the picture shows 3 and it needed 3. So I had to use a stock clamp for now and its leakin alittle. Also The weires didn't work...The boots aren't right that comes in the universal kit for my application. So instead I'm jus gonna wrap the header where it touches the wires. And get the taylor kit made for my truck.

even though i bought my headers new i had mine surfaced right out of the box. my last two sets of jba's and kooks both ended up leaking on the flange so i didnt want to take a chance with leaks this time. i also had to reuse one of the clamps as well. i attached a couple of pics of my wires so you can get an idea of what the deal is. obviously you can route yours anyway you see fit too.

post-9083-1161707690_thumb.jpgpost-9083-1161707710_thumb.jpg

Edited by rivierakid55 (see edit history)