PAC adapter remote wire.

I am installing an after market amp and I read some of the old posts and it was said the pink wire is for remote. I am hooking it up at bose amp and my pink wire is always hot, does not shut off with ignition. Am I missing something or do I have the wrong wire?

Thanks Dave

It does not shut off right away if I'm not mistaken. When I had my system hooked up this way, I could see that the amp was on after I turned off the ignition. It has something to do with the the theft deterrent system I believe.

That was it. :cheers: I was checking it with the door open and it never went off. As soon as I sat inside with the doors closed it went off after a few seconds and as soon as I opened the door it comes back on. Thanks for the help. post-7505-1161823900.gif r8rs4lf

Edited by WI_Dave (see edit history)

I ran the remote wire to a switch which I mounted in my center concole then ran that to the amp, this way I didnt have to worry about having the amp shut on and off when the stereo theft thing turned on and off every few minutes, plus i dont always want bass

post-6368-1161828482_thumb.jpg

Edited by fox_forma (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...