Headers or 2WD

CenWaSS

Im thinking of purchasing the Dynatech longtubes but have a few concerns before I fork out the $. Me and a buddy of mine have virtually the same mods, except that he has headers and a 2WD SS. My SS is AWD and my best 1/4 time is 14.39 with my friends being 14.02 . My question is...whats making his SS faster in the 1/4?? Is it that he's 2WD or is it the headers that put him in front of me? I don't think its the difference in drivers as we both drive/launch very well :cheers:

Should I purchase the Dynatech's or ditch the front end (J/J)?

the headers and a combo of being 2wd , the 2wd seem to be about 1-2 tenths better in stock form in the 1/4 but in the 1/8th the awd wil every time. the headers should get you neck and neck . just add a torqu converter and that should really get you there.

The headers are helping him.  Get the headers and you should be right there. 

One thing to consider is youe buddy running on 22's?  If not, theres a tenth or two difference right there.

I was running on 16's he had his slicks (I think they were 26"). The one time we raced (at the track) his 60' was 2.06 to my 2.10.

the headers and a combo of being 2wd , the 2wd seem to be about 1-2 tenths better in stock form in the 1/4 but in the 1/8th the awd wil every time. the headers should get you neck and neck . just add a torqu converter and that should really get you there.

Sounds good. I was thinking of the TB torque convertor, maybe i'll try that first to compare and then get the Dynatechs.