questions about radix setup/parts

Part 1:

I received my gauges for the radix yesterday(boost and FP). I'm going to add a 3rd gauge to fill up my pillar pod. I want to add a AFR gauge but have a question. Can the aeroforce scan gauge measure AFR? If not what gauges are you guys with maggies using to monitor this? Will the 3 gauges be enough to monitor all I need to monitor for the FI?

Part 2:

I purchased a FI cam off Justin Lamanna. The specs are comp 224/224 566/568 @ 112. Will this work good for the radix? I think he used it with a procharger unit. Will the gt cam work better than my cam? I purchased ti retainers and comp 918 springs. Should I get new pushrods/other parts also since I'm adding the FI?

I would appreciate any help your guys can give me. I want to have everything I need when I get the radix installed. :D

Almost forgot. Zippy I guess I'll be needing to get an updated tune from you next weekend if possible :devil:

no, the aeroforce scan gauge cannot read WB a/f ratio. You'll need one of those for sure. Look at the Innovate LC-1 or LM-1. Others are made by Dyno Jet and PLX just to name a few.

if you don't plan on buying hpt or efilive and just going the mail order route, i highly suggest you get the aeroforce gauge. so, make that 4 gauges you'll need instead of 3. boost, fuel pressure, wideband, and aeroforce.

lots of people love the GT2-3 cam, not sure about the one you got from Justin, he was using it on a Kennebell blower. call zippy, he can make some recommendations for you. if you've already got retianers and springs, you might as well go ahead and get the hardened pushrods. also look into ARP rod bolts depending on how high you plan to spin it.

good luck.

no, the aeroforce scan gauge cannot read WB a/f ratio.  You'll need one of those for sure.  Look at the Innovate LC-1 or LM-1.  Others are made by Dyno Jet and PLX just to name a few. 

if you don't plan on buying hpt or efilive and just going the mail order route, i highly suggest you get the aeroforce gauge.  so, make that 4 gauges you'll need instead of 3.  boost, fuel pressure, wideband, and aeroforce.

lots of people love the GT2-3 cam, not sure about the one you got from Justin, he was using it on a Kennebell blower.  call zippy, he can make some recommendations for you.  if you've already got retianers and springs, you might as well go ahead and get the hardened pushrods.  also look into ARP rod bolts depending on how high you plan to spin it.

good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I've got efilive scan/tune software so I guess I don't really need the aeroforce gauge. I'll def look into the hardened pushrods and arp rod bolts. I plan to get the 2.9 pulley sooner or later.

That cam wouldn't be my first blower cam suggestion. Bet the idle will sound good though :P

Alot of guys "over cam" the radix which hasn't produced the expected gains. It seems that the mild cam guys are doing better. The lingenfelter cam is a proven cam.

That cam wouldn't be my first blower cam suggestion.  Bet the idle will sound good though  :P

Alot of guys "over cam" the radix which hasn't produced the expected gains.  It seems that the mild cam guys are doing better.  The lingenfelter cam is a proven cam.

:withstupid:

That cam wouldn't be my first blower cam suggestion.  Bet the idle will sound good though  :P

Alot of guys "over cam" the radix which hasn't produced the expected gains.  It seems that the mild cam guys are doing better.  The lingenfelter cam is a proven cam.

:withstupid:

Well I guess I'll put the cam up for sale and order the gt2-3 cam when I have the time. I want to run the radix with the stock pulley for a little while and get my tuned dialed in. I'm not going to upgrade anything on the radix till the spring. I really don't need the HP during the winter :devil:

That cam is not a good choice IMO... Usually blower grinds are split duration with a wide LSA( not much overlap) Check out thunders blower grind cams, they used to have like a 216-222 cam .. that may not be the exact specs, but close. That cam would be much better in somthing that was going to be a cam only daily. on motor alone it would be a nice tame cam with a good flat TQ curve, but def. not optimized for the BLOWER.

Goodluck!\

:cheers:

i have a nice cam for FI, its a 216/222 and would work well on your fi set up. ill give you a great deal on it if your interested.

Well it will be around June or later before I add the cam. I'm going to slowly upgrade the pulley and tune in the spring of 2007.

I guess I need to decide on a wideband gauge sooner or later.

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)