Shift Kit & TBTC

I just want to know if there are any downsides to the shift kit and tbtc. Has anyone had any problems down the road with theirs? I know that I will need a tranny cooler because of the rising temps, but is their anything else I should worry about?

Any input will be appreciated. :thumbs:

I just want to know if there are any downsides to the shift kit and tbtc. Has anyone had any problems down the road with theirs? I know that I will need a tranny cooler because of the rising temps, but is their anything else I should worry about?

Your gas mileage will decrease slightly around town. You won't "NEED" a trans cooler unless you are frequently towing/hauling heavy loads. If you are hauling heavy loads, don't get the converter.

your neck will hurt and your chiropractor will get all your money :P

you can set the lock up on the converter yourself its electronically contolled. and as stated above it will feel a little looser of th eline when not wot , your tow rating will suffer( id be scared to tow over 4k with a tbtc. gas mileage will drop a tad but nothign to bad. I would recomend a cooler with the converter as it slips it creats heat. a shift kit is good for trans life and just plain fun imo. it cant shift like jons truck though :devil: .

you can set the lock up on the converter yourself its electronically contolled. and as stated above it will feel a little looser of th eline when not wot , your tow rating will suffer( id be scared to tow over 4k with a tbtc. gas mileage will drop a tad but nothign to bad. I would recomend a cooler with the converter as it slips it creats heat. a shift kit is good for trans life and just plain fun imo. it cant shift like jons truck though  :devil: .

LOL what a dick, my reman trans still shifts hard even without the servos. :dunno:

Thanks for the replies. As far as towing goes, I tow my boat from time to time, but it is not that heavy at all. (1.5K) I will have to tow it about 100 miles in the future to a different location, but I don't know if that will be a problem or not. I will have my tbtc in by then so, do you guys think it will be a problem at all.