SS is Semi Sick Part 2

ok

since i moved 35 miles away, im doing more highway traveling. I noticed a bit of hesitation durring hard acceleration.. a honda beat me the other day...

I thought maybe my tires were slipping since they were quite worn.

i bought new pirelli scorps.. dig em.

now, i still have the hesitation, and im getting an intermittent flashing SES light. I have not taken it to the dealer yet. Last time of course, they blamed my K&N, until i proved to them that there was a bad injector..

i suppose its possible i may have another bad injector, or coil pack..

but, do you think the MAF is dirty, and causing issues? the last dealer's tech said that when it gets dirty, it could cause issues. im gonna go out today and get some carb cleaner and then clean the MAF and see how it handles after that.

other than that. im thinking of making a date with Rev to do a tune, and diagnose the issue.

How bout it Rev.. interested in a trip to Joliet for some pizza, suds, and some tuning?

Intermittent flashing CEL indicates a misfire. It only flashes when the misfire is occuring (which is why it appears intermittent), but will be logged in the history which can be read by a Tech 2. This happened to me under hard accelleration only too when I burned a plug wire, and a definet power loss if felt.

Intermittent flashing CEL indicates a misfire.  It only flashes when the misfire is occuring (which is why it appears intermittent), but will be logged in the history which can be read by a Tech 2.  This happened to me under hard accelleration only too when I burned a plug wire, and a definet power loss if felt.

i had this exact same thing happen when i burned a plug wire.

im gonna go out today and get some carb cleaner and then clean the MAF and see how it handles after that.

NO! :eek: Don't you dare use carb cleaner on the MAF wires!!! The residue will ruin the elements... Use electric parts cleaner from Radio Shack or something similar that's made to be residue free for electronics. Don't use anything to rub the wires either... Some have said that they used a cotton swab, but the wires can be easily broken and usually don't need to be touched physically.

ok.. here's what Ive done

i removed the MAF, and cleaned it with non residue leaving contact cleaner..really good contact cleaner.

put it all back together, made sure all my clamps were tight.

i did notice one clamp was a bit loose.. thinking the last dealer did that.

I also switched gas today. i let the speedway tank run all the way out, and filled it with BP 93.

Im thinking either the MAF was dirty, and\or the gas i was using was horrible.

I took it for a quick ride, tried to put it under conditions that caused the SES , and guess what.. NO LIGHT.. sounded good.. had power...

i dont want to get my hopes up, but im pretty sure that i may have solved this.

now... Rev.. How about that tune buddy??

can we do 1 nice perf tune, and set it up so that when i click the towing button, i get a different tune for towing? i have a heavy trailer full of band equipment that i pull every other weekend.

I thought things were better... but alas

getting on I55 today, hammered on it cuz no one was around

first.. second..SES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goes away, but still...

who is this "Rev" person you keep referring to? are you talking about Frank@Revolutionaryraceworks? if so, he's at sema.

change your plugs and wires, im betting that will fix your misfires.

plugs n wires were replaced in august.

how hard is it to replace the o2 sensor?

If you can do plugs and wires,...you can do O2's :smash:

I am not sure on the exact change interval on the O2's but I believe every 30K is suggested. I am on my 2nd set (fronts) at near 40K. They are like $100 each.

Is your plug wires all the way on? I am betting that bad wires (arc onto headders) and or issues with plugs.