SS is Semi Sick Part 2

I have experienced occasional misfires that I have had go away just by taking a pair of slip-joint pliers and placing the boot in the center round area and squeezing lightly to push in the contact area all the way around. It doesn't take much. New plug wires sometimes come with connectors that are a little on the large size and don't necessarily make ample contact with the plug. Also, some plugs have the screw out ends (where the plug wire attaches) that can come a little loose. Generally speaking, misfires come from problems with the plug, plug wire, coil, and in some cases injector. Bad gas can also cause issues.

If you have a scanner and can narrow to which cylinder/s is the problem, it is much easier to work the problem.

i just got home.. when the engine cools, ill pull each plug wire and check to see how tight it is.

my new MAF should be here early next week.. so i should be able to rule out the MAF.

im going to rule out the MAF, Coil Packs, plug N wires..

then ill replace the O2's.

if i still have the issue, ill look into injectors.

SSS is goin to the dealer tomorrow.

no.. a different dealer.

Rev..what do U think of this dealer?

http://billjacobsjoliet.com/en_US/

they have a sign out front 'silverado kings' LOL im hopin they do alot of work on silverados. LOL.. first thing im tellin them is .. i have a K&N, and a flowmaster.. so i dont want to hear thats whats causing the problem, and im not paying for any flushes..

dealer just called me

they said the intake gasket was loose.. prolly from the other crappy dealer.. cuz it was tight when i installed it, and i never touched it..

they also said my fuel regulator was leaking, and they will replace it.

all without me paying a penny. nice.

i wont get it back until 10 am tomorrow.

btw.. they had nice red joe gibbs silverado SS in red out front... 40 grand, but NICE..

ok

after the dealer got done with his work, i was pretty happy. fuel regulator was replaced, they had the truck for about 30 hours in total, and didnt charge me a thing.. according to the paperwork, they cleaned the injectors and didnt charge me.. unlike the last figgin dealer!!

now, come to find out the plug wire on #5 was bad. i replaced it and all was good.

the wire was not burned, nicked cut, or anything.. its 'just bad'.