Delayed Acceleration

ChevyNut

I purchased a 2005 SS about 5 months ago with about 9600 miles on it. She now has 12500 and have had no problems with her. She also hasn't been lead footed around town. As of late, I have noticed that I get a delay from a quick launch from a dead stop. The truck tires will break and pin you in your seat but within a second or two I get a loss of power then it comes back. It is very noticable, like someone turning off a light switch then turning it back on. She doesn't do this from a roll. Is it a computer, fuel, or tranny issue? thanx :chevy:

I purchased a 2005 SS about 5 months ago with about 9600 miles on it. She now has 12500 and have had no problems with her. She also hasn't been lead footed around town.    As of late, I have noticed that I get a delay from a quick launch from a dead stop. The truck tires will break and pin you in your seat but within a second or two I get a loss of power then it comes back. It is very noticable, like someone turning off a light switch then turning it back on. She doesn't do this from a roll. Is it a computer, fuel, or tranny issue? thanx :chevy:

Maybe your just getting used to it. Just add a few hundred hp and you won't notice it for a while :jester:

Thanx for the quick replies. I did forget to say it is 2wd though. I'll see if the same thing happens when I turn traction control off. That would be weird though. Isn't it beneficial to have your traction control on so you would get limited tire slippage from a launch? I'll also give a relative of mine a call who works at a chevrolet dealership, in service, and update his reply here. :flag:

Edited by ChevyNut (see edit history)

stoopid question.. do we have a traction control button in our 2003 SSS's with AWD?

from what I have read on this site the AWD trucks don't have traction control since it's hard enough to break the tires free. But I could be wrong and someone should correct me. :cool: