supercharger

well i have a 04 silverado ls rgcb. 4.8 v8 it is pretty fast compared to all my freinds trucks and cars. but i need more. :driving: need to be like you guys and your powerfull 6.0. i was thinking about saving and putting on a supercharger. now im not 100% up to date with all this stuff so thats why i came here. i want something reliable. even though i wont drive it in the winteri will all the other times. but i was wondering what other kind of work will need to be done. like do i need new heads, valves, rods, stuff like that. or can i get a kit and bolt on to the stock parts. and could you get me an estimate of how much you payed for yours? remember im 16 so im not able to go get the best on the market but i will get a good one. and help will be apprecitated.

kyle :chevy:

A quick run down of basic things you need/want would be...

injectors..........$250 used

fuel pump (inline or tank)........ comes with usually

shift kit .............$125ish more with servos

NGK TR6 plugs............. $6-$7 a piece

Tune.................... $$3-$400

Depending on the kit it should come with most of the things you'll need to just bolt it on minus the plugs, shift kit and sometimes tune. Don't cheap out on the tranny or make sure you have 2k for a new one. Most SS guys are running the Radix and you can find a used one for around $3500 or new in the high 5k range.

• 7 months later...
well i have a 04 silverado ls rgcb. 4.8 v8 it is pretty fast compared to all my freinds trucks and cars. but i need more. driving.gif need to be like you guys and your powerfull 6.0. i was thinking about saving and putting on a supercharger. now im not 100% up to date with all this stuff so thats why i came here. i want something reliable. even though i wont drive it in the winteri will all the other times. but i was wondering what other kind of work will need to be done. like do i need new heads, valves, rods, stuff like that. or can i get a kit and bolt on to the stock parts. and could you get me an estimate of how much you payed for yours? remember im 16 so im not able to go get the best on the market but i will get a good one. and help will be apprecitated.

kyle Chevy_anim.gif

Klye.

Before you go installing A SC I would start with some cheaper bolt ons that will help out when and if you decide to install a SC.Things like cold air intake,exhaust,and a good tune wont break the bank and you will need them later if you do get a SC :thumbs:

cam's are good for some extra horsepower as well. A CAI, headers and a solid tune would compliment a cam quite nicely, and depending on the cam specs, could also be compimented by a chubby little blower under the hood :D

a cam with srings should run ya around 800-1000... :)

edit: this thread is old... who dug this up :crackup:

Edited by montanass (see edit history)