Is magna charger still the #1

I went to look at getting a magnacharger yesterday, the mechanic said I would be fine with only vette servos and didn't really need a shift kit?? Will the trans hold up ok with 6 psi. Also anyone else face the dilema of not passing smog with dynatech headers?

Is magnacharger still what most people who want daily drivers choose??

I went to look at getting a magnacharger yesterday, the mechanic said I would be fine with only vette servos and didn't really need a shift kit??  Will the trans hold up ok with 6 psi.  Also anyone else face the dilema of not passing smog with dynatech headers? 

its always up to you the consumer, but i highly recommend the shift kit & servos togehter. don't forget to upgrade to larger tranny cooler as well. that will help preven the tranny temps from going to high. my stock 65e is still holding up just fine.

yes, when it comes to daily drivers, the radix can't be beat. its when you want to start pushing the envelope is where other alternatives might be better.

I would strongly suggest a shift kit on a stock SS. It gives you the extra security of knowing your tranny is a little bit stronger. Before I blew my tranny (only PCM Tune, Cat-Back and CAI) I thought a shift kit was worthless...Now I would recommend one to anyone who has the extra cash laying around to put one in especially if youre thinking of increasing the HP with the radix or any blower for that matter

Edited by SoCalSS (see edit history)

I went to look at getting a magnacharger yesterday, the mechanic said I would be fine with only vette servos and didn't really need a shift kit??  Will the trans hold up ok with 6 psi.  Also anyone else face the dilema of not passing smog with dynatech headers? 

It is definitely smart to consider drivetrain upgrades before bolting on a Magnuson... especially before the mod bug bites again. Thankfully I have had no issues in the first 6 months or so since bolting my kit on... but I have no intention of stopping there.

I'll be doing the shift kit and servo's... and saving for a 4L85E swap. I am also ordering a differential upgrade.

Passing smog is relevant to your local and state laws... or someone you know.

My truck is a daily driver and I highly recommend a Magnuson.

Bill :cheers:

Magna can't be beat for ease of install and daily driver. You get everything you need in one handy kit. I would also put the shift kit in at a minimum. A larger cooler and hi-performance tranny fluid would only help also.

I went to look at getting a magnacharger yesterday, the mechanic said I would be fine with only vette servos and didn't really need a shift kit?? 

50,000 Radixed miles and the completly stock transmission is holding up fine. I do have a vette server that I have been meaning to install, but have not got around to it.

Will the trans hold up ok with 6 psi. 

Yes.

Also anyone else face the dilema of not passing smog with dynatech headers? 

Stock exhaust here.

Yes. It comes with everthing, you don't need to mess with the tune to get it to work right. It just does it's thing, right out of the box.

As far as complete bolt-on KITS go, The Radix remains the best available with the Vortech a very close second. That is not to say the Radix is the best performing, or best for every situation, or vehicle combo. But for reliable out-of-the-box bolt-it-on-and-go with the stock truck the Radix sets the standard there. It looks really good too IMO and actually the overall cost is better than some of the other alternatives.

BUT I would not dis the Vortech kit, it is also very nice and complete, and has shown to have more performance potential for the serious lead-foot. It is more sensitive to correct torque converter selection though.

Mr. P.

We carry most of the superchargers and turbos avaialble (Magnuson, Vortech, ATI, Paxton and STS). The Magnuson is the most popuar truck supercharger. After that, the rest are pretty equal. Alot of SS owners also like the intercooled Vortech kits. No wrong choice here. It just depends on what your looking for. The Magnuson produces alot of low end power so you really feel that during your normal day to day driving.