well i bought my truck used. found out that the guy before me was a old man and died. but this old man didnt take that much care of the apperance and rarely drove it. (has proballby 35000 miles on it) now dont get me wrong the truck is mint except for the paint. its black so ofcourse you can see like the minor scratches from washing. but theres also a couple of noticable scratches on the bed. i dont know how to fix it. there do deep to buff out but not throught the primer.(there only about 1 or 3 inches long) now i have a new hood, roll pan and ss bumper coming in and that needs to be painted. so do you thinki should get the whole truck painted as well??? now the truck was prevesously clear coated by the old guy...gueese he got hit because they didnt remove the fender flares. so ther is a lip of paint were the fender flares meet the body. so thats another reason i was thinking about painting it....so do you guys know how much a decent black paint job will cost. or other ways to remove fine scatches..like polsihes or waxes??? any help would be great.(sorry about the long post) :driving: ~~kyle

i think i would ditch the factory fender flares to start with. i don't know how old this man was but 35,000 miles equals about 12k a year which is about average really. if underneath the flares just looks too raggedy and won't come out with buffing and polishing then i'd shoot the whole thing again since your gonna have to paint the roll pan, hood, etc. cladding???? im not really up on paint costs but i can tell you that i plan on spending about 5k (two stage/ multiple coats/basecoat/clearcoat) on my 69 rivi when i finally finish up all the body work. good luck :cheers:

If you don t want to or can t try it yourself take it to a good deatil shop. Or do a search. There are products that can bring the paint back and remove all the fine marks in the paint. 3M Finesse it (product), Either search or have a professional do it. Then if you don t like the results , you can go into the more costly job of painting. Judging from your Sig photo, it doesnt look bad at all.

Edited by cerbomark (see edit history)

well i bought my truck used. found out that the guy before me was a old man and died. but this old man didnt take that much care of the apperance and rarely drove it. (has proballby 35000 miles on it) now dont get me wrong the truck is mint except for  the paint. its black so ofcourse you can see like the minor scratches from washing. but theres also a couple of noticable scratches on the bed. i dont know how to fix it. there do deep to buff out but not throught the primer.(there only about 1 or 3 inches long) now i have a new hood, roll pan and ss bumper coming in and that needs to be painted. so do you thinki should get the whole truck painted as well??? now the truck was prevesously clear coated by the old guy...gueese he got hit because they didnt remove the fender flares. so ther is a lip of paint were the fender flares meet the body. so thats another reason i was thinking about painting it....so do you guys know how much a decent black paint job will cost. or other ways to remove fine scatches..like polsihes or waxes??? any help would be great.(sorry about the long post) :driving: ~~kyle

New paint is expensive when its done right....like removing the door handles,bed,cladding,front and rear bumper covers(fascia), etc... mine was $7200. and it was at the shop for 35 days!but it looks awesome!Black is a easy color to match, and just detail out what you dont...good luck :thumbs:

post-8305-1162431285_thumb.jpg

post-8305-1162431348_thumb.jpg

Just go for a color sanding, and you should be good. Get the spots that need to be touched up painted, with all the parts you have comming.

y athat what a guy at work said he said a sould color sand all the rough areas. touch up the really bad ones. then he said color sand the whole truck then clear coat it. but idk? $7200 for a piant job is a little high for me. but ill still look around for answers.