Has anyone replaced the 06 drums for Disk?

Scrap Iron

• 6 months later...

The 06 Has rear drums because the 06 rear diff is from a HD truck. The 03-05, some of the power goes to the front diff and not all on the rear. THe 06 all the power goes to the rear so they put in the beefier rear that does not a factory disc setup.

So why did they change the rear brakes in 06 anyways? :confused:

:chevy::flag::chevy:

i have an 06 rear

you can easily make the 06 rear that came with drums into a disk setup. what you do is find a 10 bolt with disks and swap lines and backing plates along with calibers and rotors and you have yourself a disk brake option on a 06 rear end

This has been brought up before and baer does make a kit kelleyperformance did the swap and said it wasn't to bad of a switch and from what i understand the kit is pretty complete. I believe that the switch was do to multiple problems GM was having with there parking brakes and the washy feeling the brakes had . Any guy on here will tell you that a factory 06 stop much better then a factory 03-05. I don't think it has anything to do with where the power was distributed to the front or rear axel the older VHO's had rwd and 10 bolt mains with disc in the back....