color matched mirrors

I wanted to see if it is possible to have the entire side mirror assembly color matched? I have been to several body shops that said they cant do it but ive seen the factory mirrors painted. Is there a factory mirror that is smoothed that you can buy or am I just not talking to the right people? :dunno:

I think the people you are asking dont want to do it. It is very possible and more than Likely my next mod. All you need to do is TOTALLY disassemble the mirror then use some acrylic body filler and carefully fill that dimpled texture. Then after hour if not days of sanding them to be smooth and level shoot it with Piant. Not going to get into the fastest color debate right now. But its not that hard to do good paint/body work. Its all in going slow and methodical for the prep work.

I like your plan though. I remeber a Yellow SSS picture on here and it was done to that truck. Looked nice.

I think the people you are asking dont want to do it. It is very possible and more than Likely my next mod.  All you need to do is TOTALLY disassemble the mirror then use some acrylic body filler and carefully fill that dimpled texture. Then after hour if not days of sanding them to be smooth and level shoot it with Piant. Not going to get into the fastest color debate right now. But its not that hard to do good paint/body work. Its all in going slow and methodical for the prep work.

I like your plan though. I remeber a Yellow SSS picture on here and it was done to that truck. Looked nice.

ya i dont have an ss so i want to paint all the bumpers teh body color. Do you know if the chrome front bumper can be painted to match the body?