New Project

I just got a 2003 Chevy 5.3L and want to build the engine for f/i. I read that you can go to the 5.7 piston size so I plan on going that route. What is the stock stroke and what can I stroke it to safely? I plan on adding a STS kit to it also since I have some in the garage collecting dust, lol. Who makes good strokers, cranks, rods, pistons, etc.?

Here are some pics of the project truck:

ChevyTruck2.jpg

ChevyTruck4.jpg

BTW, I was already told about the week tranny so a Level 5 is in order too. I don't want to go 80L with this project but maybe when I go to a 6.0 stroked to a 408 then I can.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SS is just a name like Hunter, NightRunner etc. The 2500 is because they rate trucks by load/tow capacity. They install different leaf springs to be able to handle more load. The 1500's over there are the Nissan, Toyota etc.

Hey guys I need some help making this thing go....

Is that a CAMPER I see on your SS, lol. j/k

The Fords used to have a "Fighter" sticker and the Dodges a "Runner" one but the new styles no longer have any, yet. They come from the dealers like that though. They sell the Cadilac truck over there that is titled and registered as a RCSB. :dunno:

You need to change your name to might, possibly, could, one day be a SRT10KLLR!!  Unless those are the new 600Hp stickers. :jester:

quick/interesting story...my buddy has an 04 ram quad cab hemi (intake,exhaust,superchip) three weeks ago i was with him and a srt10 quad cab flagged us down and wanted to race, i'm not sure what mods he had (it sounded mean, but that could have been the v10) anywho, we race from two different stop lights and each time my buddies hemi was 1/2 to 1 truck length ahead! :dunno: moral of story: doesn't matter how much power you have, it's about getting the power to the ground...still one badass tire spinner :jester:

You need to change your name to might, possibly, could, one day be a SRT10KLLR!!  Unless those are the new 600Hp stickers. :jester:

You wouldn't be the firt SRT(4,6,8 or 10) I have beat, even slightly modded Hemi's can beat them and I am not slightly modded, lol.

BTW, SRT10KLLR is from the 2005 Ram Hemi not the Chevy I just got. The Ram has a stroked 6.1(now 6.8L) from a SRT-8 and a STS turbo kit.

When finished with the Chevy it will also be an SRT-10 KILLER!