Overhaulin'

Bowtie70SS

I got bored with the show. Never really watch it anymore. I've heard claims that people get labor bills on those builds. Would suck if true. Just the taxes on appraised value would be a hit to one who truely couldn't afford it.

I wonder if that mustang ever sold. That guy who complained about stuff they did when changing his wife's stang. Then amazingly it was up on ebay or some sale site. The svtperformance guys were having a fit on their site over it. They couldn't believe the guy would or could do it. Supposedly the show keeps the vehicle for months/year and take it around to shows. That was the claim.

Guess I've just gotten bored with everything. TV seems to hold less and less interest anymore. Oh man I must be old. LOL

One thing you guys don't understand about that show is there is still a lot of cost involved to either the "insider" or the owner of the car. Lets say they redo your car and now it's appraised that the work that was performed was worth $60K you now owe the taxes on that $60k once you get your car back. So it's not cheap by any means. Yeah you get a killer deal but it's still gonna cost you quite a bit.

so you would pay capital gains on 60K or pay $21000 for your car back :dunno:

I would really like to know what they end up paying for, with all the advertizing they do the mark should not have to pay. If anybody has more anout this please post.

My parents told me they actually looked into doing it on my Chevelle because I really don't have the time and money to finish it the way I want. They said when they started reading through the form that they have you fill out online it states right in there all of the fees that you will need to pay as far as taxes go.

From the site...

Disclaimer: Applicant agrees to pay all federal, state, and local taxes, including income, use or sales taxes or any other governmental charges imposed on prizes, including the value of any goods or services received and cash gifts, if any, given to you or received by you by reason of your participation in the program and you release and indemnify producer from any liability therefore. You also authorize producer to deduct or withhold any such taxes or charges that require a payment prior to delivery of said prizes, cash or gifts.

Yea it sucks to see the rich get so much for free when they dam sure could afford it. Someone who can't would appreciate it way more. How about the Lance Armstrong GTO, he should have auction it off for his charity, let him pay to build his own.

One thing you guys don't understand about that show is there is still a lot of cost involved to either the "insider" or the owner of the car. Lets say they redo your car and now it's appraised that the work that was performed was worth $60K you now owe the taxes on that $60k once you get your car back. So it's not cheap by any means. Yeah you get a killer deal but it's still gonna cost you quite a bit.

I'd pay the taxes to have my vehicle redone. It's still cheaper than paying for everything.

From the site...

Disclaimer: Applicant agrees to pay all federal, state, and local taxes, including income, use or sales taxes or any other governmental charges imposed on prizes, including the value of any goods or services received and cash gifts, if any, given to you or received by you by reason of your participation in the program and you release and indemnify producer from any liability therefore. You also authorize producer to deduct or withhold any such taxes or charges that require a payment prior to delivery of said prizes, cash or gifts.

That applies to anything anyone receives as a prize on any show, it also applies to the lottery.

...I'm a poor father of 4, all girls! just for that I should be Overhauled.
Well I dunno about the Overhaul, but you should certainly have your head examined :jester:

Mr. P. :)

Do you know a place where I can get that done for cheap? My head it's a 1973, It's loud, doesn't get to go out much and have a lot of mileage. Could use an upgrade :jester:

Sound like a little wealth envy. Its there show and they can do what they please. Turn the channel if you don't like it.

I dont think its wealth envy...it looks more like social responsibility. If anything i believe that instead of celebrities bringing in thier cars they should give them away to those who need. good publicity and a good thing to do. But thats just my opinion if they got money more power to them, but you have to feel a bit of guilt when you roll around in $200,000 wheels when there are people dying in your own state, of hunger.

Social responsibility is right. If someone is hungry let them work like everyone else. Since when is it someones responsibility to feed someone else. Part of societies problem today is everyone wants a handout, but are afraid to bust their ass and earn a living. Why should someone feel guilty because thay earned something from the fruits of their labor. I am not wealthy by any means. I own my own business and work on the side to feed myself, save, play etc. Its not that difficult. I understand there are some unfortunate situations that some people are in, but most problems are caused by bad decisions, and laziness.

Sound like a little wealth envy. Its there show and they can do what they please. Turn the channel if you don't like it.

I dont think its wealth envy...it looks more like social responsibility. If anything i believe that instead of celebrities bringing in thier cars they should give them away to those who need. good publicity and a good thing to do. But thats just my opinion if they got money more power to them, but you have to feel a bit of guilt when you roll around in $200,000 wheels when there are people dying in your own state, of hunger.

Social responsibility is right. If someone is hungry let them work like everyone else. Since when is it someones responsibility to feed someone else. Part of societies problem today is everyone wants a handout, but are afraid to bust their ass and earn a living. Why should someone feel guilty because thay earned something from the fruits of their labor. I am not wealthy by any means. I own my own business and work on the side to feed myself, save, play etc. Its not that difficult. I understand there are some unfortunate situations that some people are in, but most problems are caused by bad decisions, and laziness.

AND ANOTHER HEARTY AMEN, BROTHER!!!

I for one am sick of Overhaulin' doing cars for people who can obviously afford them. Right now they're doing one for Nick Lachey's brother. How about doing a car for some poor father of 5 with a car he's had since high school. I do like overhaulin normally but who cares about celebrity cars. I just wish they'd keep it real

Dave

I agree, 100%.