Sig request

Okay I found the blur tool. I went to the tool bar on the left, and clicked the button on the very bottom "edit in photoshop". Last question and I should have a good start. If I want to remove say my truck from a pic (just the truck and no background) how would I do that.

Thanks.

CS2 v9 and v7 are not different in their respective layouts.

Go to the 'Window' menu, and see if you have a checkmark next to the 'Tools' option. If not, left click on it so that it appears. This is the tool panel. The blur/smudge tool will be the button that looks either like a teardrop, a hand and finger 'smudging', or a triangle. These 3 tools will be under one button in the tool panel.

It's strange, I'm not showing that tool in the toolbar, and I'm not able to rightclick any of the tools in the toolbar. But if I go to the bottom and click (edit photoshop) it opens a nother window of cs2, and then that tool appears in the toolbar. Does that make sense?

This task is a little more complicated, and requires a steady hand. Using the 'lasso' tool (looks like a lasso on the toolbar) carefully trace around the outer edge of your truck, making one big circle around the outer edge. Once it's got the circle around it, copy/paste it into a new layer and then you can cut/copy/modify just that section.

What I like to do first is draw a box around what I am cutting out & delete that so that I have less junk to work with ...

This task is a little more complicated, and requires a steady hand. Using the 'lasso' tool (looks like a lasso on the toolbar) carefully trace around the outer edge of your truck, making one big circle around the outer edge. Once it's got the circle around it, copy/paste it into a new layer and then you can cut/copy/modify just that section.

What I like to do first is draw a box around what I am cutting out & delete that so that I have less junk to work with ...

Gotcha..... I thought there was a way to choose a tool and then double click a section of a pic and it would actually hightlight it. I think I'm just confused.

Thanks for you help, I'll give this a shot.

The tool that you're referencing is the 'magic wand' tool ... and it does highlight the photo when you click it, but it's intent is to focus on 1 color of the picture. So, if you have say ... 27 different colors that make up the image that is your truck, the magic wand will grab maybe 3 of them ...

Now, if you just want to cut out extra background outside of your truck's image, and leave a little background behind your truck, then the 'crop' tool will work well. It looks like a black DNA symbol with a line through it.

To outline things use the magnetic lasso tool, this way you dont have to hold the mouse button down and slowly try to outline whatever it is you need. The magnetic lasso you click once move it along whatever you want then click again. A lot easier to use

To outline things use the magnetic lasso tool, this way you dont have to hold the mouse button down and slowly try to outline whatever it is you need.  The magnetic lasso you click once move it along whatever you want then click again.  A lot easier to use

That also worked. But I think I just suck at it.

Thanks

I've got a pic cut, paseted it on a new lay, well first I got a paintbrush and painted whole layer black, I couldn't figure out how to fill it. Anyways I got my 1 pic pasted on the black layer. Now I have a second pic, cut and pasted on the first pic, but #2 is way to big, how do I shrink it?

Thanks

Edited by GCSurfer (see edit history)

I've got a pic cut, paseted it on a new lay, well first I got a paintbrush and painted whole layer black, I couldn't figure out how to fill it. Anyways I got my 1 pic pasted on the black layer. Now I have a second pic, cust and pastes on the first pic, but #2 is way to big, how do I shrink it?

Thanks

Select the layer that your image is on. Then, under the 'Edit' menu, choose 'Transform', and then 'Scale'. This will place a box around the image with drag points. You can manipulate the image this way. :thumbs: