FS: Goodyear (4) 275/55R20's

perk03z06

I just got some new sneakers on my SS and would like to sell my old Goodyear LS's.

They have about 3-5K or more miles left on them, I wanted new rubber because we get so much rain here in NC.

These would be great for someone with 2WD. I can't use them because I have AWD ... hard to let the smoke out of these tires w/ AWD. :banghead:

Would like to see $50 for each tire ... might consider putting on eBay if no one here wants them.

Would be good to pick them up locally ... they're heavy & would be expensive to ship.

Can also post pics upon request ...

Let me know ... thanks guys! :driving:

Edited by perk03z06 (see edit history)

$200 for the set(4)?? will you ship to chicagoland?? 60154 how much?

Looks like it'll be more than $100 to ship them to you, UPS.

Want to get them?

Check out FedEx. I used them to ship 4 rims and cost was under $100.

Want to get them?

i have to agree with fedex. i was going to ship my exhaust back to bowtie in ohio and ups was gonna charge me over 120 bucks. went to fedex and got the shipping down to 46 bucks. piss on ups.

also i never used them but dave also mentioned greyhound bus company being cheap shipping as well. :dunno:

Want to get them?

i have to agree with fedex. i was going to ship my exhaust back to bowtie in ohio and ups was gonna charge me over 120 bucks. went to fedex and got the shipping down to 46 bucks. piss on ups.

also i never used them but dave also mentioned greyhound bus company being cheap shipping as well. :dunno:

Yep, FedEx did come out a little cheaper, about $20 a tire. But I also had the estimate over $100 to help with 4 big boxes I'll have to buy to ship these monsters, unless you guys have some creative ideas ... :confused:

Want to get them?

Yep, FedEx did come out a little cheaper, about $20 a tire. But I also had the estimate over $100 to help with 4 big boxes I'll have to buy to ship these monsters, unless you guys have some creative ideas ... :confused:

Go to your local store(Kroger, Wal-Mart, Food Lion) or whatever you have in your area and see if they will give you a few boxes(4). You can usually get boxes big enough to ship your tires for free and can cut and tape them to work with your tires. If they don't have any boxes big enough get 2 boxes(per tire) and cut and tape to make one box.

Want to get them?

Go to your local store(Kroger, Wal-Mart, Food Lion) or whatever you have in your area and see if they will give you a few boxes(4). You can usually get boxes big enough to ship your tires for free and can cut and tape them to work with your tires. If they don't have any boxes big enough get 2 boxes(per tire) and cut and tape to make one box.

Good idea! I'll check Wal-Mart tonight & see what they have ...

Yep, FedEx did come out a little cheaper, about $20 a tire. But I also had the estimate over $100 to help with 4 big boxes I'll have to buy to ship these monsters, unless you guys have some creative ideas ...  :confused:

You DON'T box tires when shipping them.

That's the beauty of them.

You just slap a big label on the tread, and then wrap the label with clear packing tape.

Just make sure when you wrap with the clear tape you go over the label and through the center of the tire a couple of times.

If you wanted to get real fancy you could get some clear stretch/shrink/saran type wrap and put it around & around through the center. Then put a label on.

Edited by JSal69 (see edit history)

Ok. Didn't know I could do that. I have shrink wrap. So, I'll wrap the tires, and just put the labels on the tread side, & wrap the label to be safe.

kdsilveradoss: I have paypal set up if you want to use that. PM for ID.

Let me know if you want them. Once I get the $$$, I'll wrap and ship them.

Total should be $290. FedEx wanted like $22 per tire to ship.

Thanks! :thumbs:

Edited by perk03z06 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...