Wrecked the SSS, f**k

fox_forma

well guys it happened to me for the first time and I crashed the SSS. Some lady in a MiniVan ahead of me slammed on her brakes I guess cause she said she saw deer, well my brakes didn't stop me in time and I clipped her Back left side of he MINIVAN. Her brakes lights were barely brighter than her driving tail lights and I just didn't realize that until it was too late I guess. I was only doing 35mph and I slammed on the brakes but I just kept rolling. Before I hit her I looked at the oncoming lane and it was clear so I went to go around her and she came over into that lane as well and thats when I hit her. She swears there were deer which its a common spot but I sure as hell didnt see any. I'm so pissed about this whole situation but I think theres more to it on her end but cant really get into it. She said a few things while I was talking to her along with the cop there so its a messed up situation.

I am also really pissed because of the whole brake light thing, even after we had the police come she left ahead of me and I looked specifically at her lights as she was pulling away and there was barely a difference between her normal tail lights and the brake lights and they are tiny as shit as well. I'm pretty sure I will have to go through insurance for this one which sucks but I want to plead my case for something that really wasn't my fault, although I did hit her, theres a lot more to it.

Looks like I need a whole new front end, left front quarter panel and not sure what else cause its pretty dark but I'm sure it will add up to money I don't have. Well here are the pics

Picture047.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture049.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her brake light bulbs just sucked ass I guess, they didnt really light up like brake lights do. If she didnt come into the other lane I would of made it by her and been fine, but she swears there were deer which i didnt see any. Like I said though there is a dark side to this story on her end which will come out eventually. Just have to prove something first

That blows big time.

Here in wyoming you would be screwed. It doesn't matter why the accident occured ... it is always the back person's fault in a rear end collision. You would have got a ticket for failure to maintain a proper lookout or following too close. It pisses me off when people do that crap.

Tough break ... good luck and speed on the repairs.

Dude thats almost exactly the same thing that happened when I wrecked the vho as far as speed goes and I swerved to the left to miss the guy and caught his left corner with my right front corner. Yours doesn't look as bad and if your lucky and I hope you are you didn't mess up the core support at all because I know from expierence thats no fun to change.

The insurance will tell you they are going to fix your fender but at like $100 each I replaced mine, I would say you need a steel bumper, bumper cover, grill, lights, and the light bracket that bolts to the core support, you may also need some of the minor inner plastic liners/fillers like between the bumper and the light and it's hard to tell but maybe an inner fender liner. My bumper was pushed into my tire and I couldn't even drive the truck until I unbolted the bumper.

Find a body shop tha will work with you and try and get the parts cheap. Try e-bay. Then to all the labor yourself and just have it repainted then tek the rest as a return on what you spent for parts. If you do it right you will come out ahead. And no it's not insurance fraud because the insurance will give you an amount and if that amount is more than what it would cost the body shop to do all of the work guess what! They pocket the rest. Yes it's BS but I had a guy explain this to me and he owned the body shop that was doing the paint. It's a little more work and if you don't own the truck meaning you are still making payments you will need a reciept from the bodyshop stating that all work is done once you get the insurance check written to you and GMAC or whoever holds the loan then you will need to mail the check and the reciept to the loan holder, in my case GMAC which then they sign the check and mail it back to me then I sign the check and cash it. If you have a loan the law states it must be a two party check. meaning either to GMAC and the bodyshop or GMAC and you. I paid out of my pocket to have the paint done and delt with the cashing of the check on my own but I made like $500 by doing the labor on my own.

Dude sorry to hear that. Honestly, that's nothing though. It can be fixed real easy! :cheers:

My brother just got in a huge wreck last night on the interstate (405) and his truck is most likely totaled. It really sucks because it was one of the most beautiful trucks I've ever seen (arrival blue). His hood, bumper, grille, front lights, both quarter panels, bed, tailgate, rear bumper, one mirror and tail lights are all completely f#$*&! I had to see it (even though I didn't want to) and it just about brought tears to my eyes seeing it.

It was shit ass conditions out (pissing rain) and he was merging from an interchange (accelarating) when the truck just went straight left on him- almost like something broke. He clipped a new trailblazer doing about 60 with two girls (mid 20's) on there way to a soccer game. My brohter and them both did 360's in the middle of the interstate narrowly missing a couple other cars and then smacked the inside retaining wall.

Luckily, (and amazingly,) no one was hurt. It just so happens my truck is in the shop right now with trans problems and we both live at the same house together (that we bought about 5 months ago.) The good news is we both have backup trucks. :thumbs:

I hate accidents! Fox, your's will get fixed soon enough man! Cheer up!

P.S. I posted a pic of his truck even though it's an old cell phone one. I can't seem to find the other pics I had taken.

post-7238-1163153216_thumb.jpg

Edited by foxySS (see edit history)