Anyone know of parts to correct tie-rod angles?

misterp

Got the truck aligned today by a shop that actually had the tools and talent to get it done right and wow what a difference, a new truck. Still got a hair bit of vibration from the errant pinion angle but a lot of other vibrations and shakes went away, stuff that I would have never guessed would have come from a piss-poor alignment. The toe was the only thing in spec and it was barely in spec at 0.25, the caster was 3.0 on the left and 2.2 on the right, and the camber was all messed up (can't remember left & right numbers but total was -1.95 :eek:). It almost looked like it had been done with a tape measure. :mad: The SS was so jacked out of shape the alignment took 3-hours.

So my next question is - does anyone here know of aftermarket tie-rod ends or adapters or :dunno: to correct the tie-rod geometry on a lowered SS? The tie-rods are not horizontal (parallel to the ground) anymore, they are steeply angled now, the inner tie-rod ends are 1.5-2 inches lower than the outer tie-rod ends. The perfect solution would have been if McGaughy's designed their drop spindle with a similar change in the outer tie-rod end attachment point but hey we can keep wishing... So is there a way where the outer tie-rod end can be flipped so it attaches from underneath? Or the inner tie-rod flipped so it attaches from above the center link? Or is there a different tie-rod end that has a bend to correct for this? Or some kind of adapter available? I ask because the lifted 4x4 crowd must have to deal with the same geometry/bump-steer issue and surely they've created a fix of some sort.

TIA -

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

Baer trackers are what i'm thinking of but I can't find them for the silverado right now. I know I have seen them though. The are a billet adjuster and come with a sleve that fits into the taper in the spindle and a tierod end so it's adjustable with spacers to eliminate all bump steer. Please post something if you find it and I will do the same I have been meaning to finde these for a long time.