Dont hate me for this...

ItsJac

Ok I have a 04 Acura Tl that the wifes drive everyday... Question is is there anyway to stiffen up the Suspension? The car Drives almost too soft and sway when driving at higher speeds... I was at a Tl forum but everyone there is all about adding a 5 inch exhaust tip and claming it worth 40 Hp and a full sec in the quarter... :banghead: Any info you have would be helpful... I was looking into some coil overs but there almost 1200 dollars...Here so pics of the car... :cheers:

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

Sorry .... No info for you .... But I do like the Acura TL ... Nice litte ride!!!!  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  Any problems with it yet??  I'm thinking of getting one, once the SSS is payed off, for a daily beater ....

One minor problem was memory seta wont remeber, but took it in and there a service bullition and dealer fixed on the spot, No question asked... Other than that no problems what so ever...... 270 Hp real quick for a V6. Somewhere around a mid 14 stock... Has a 100K bumper to bumper warrenty...Spend the Extra money and get the factory NAV so worth it...Gets around 18-20 around town and up to 30 on the highway... :cheers:

Might have to do with the wheels, how wide are those tires. I think they are also FWD. I guess the thing to find out is if any parts from other acuras are able to be used on it. I'll see if I can find some import websites, but you might have to cough up for the coilovers

Might have to do with the wheels, how wide are those tires. I think they are also FWD. I guess the thing to find out is if any parts from other acuras are able to be used on it. I'll see if I can find some import websites, but you might have to cough up for the coilovers

Wheels are 19X8.5 with some 245/35/19.. They might have something to do with it... I know alot of it has to do with it being a fWD.

Was thinking of adding new swaybars, Front and rear Strut tower braces and possibly lowering Springs... But from what I heard everyone says use coil overs...

On that car you do want to use coilovers, but springs and a good set of shocks will help a ton, along with just the strut bars. I would use the tein sport springs( i think thye are s techs), that will drop the car about an inch, with some good say koni struts or bilstiens. The exhaust does wake the car pretty good and they do not get the typical HONDA sound, it's more of the ferrari or lambo style sound.

Thanks for the info guys...Well I found a set of comptech springs for 200 on ebay along with upgraded sway bars for about 275. Found the rear strut tower brace only thing that suck is it goes across the front of the trunk and loses some cargo space... :banghead: Im trying to stay comptech so I dont have to worry about any warrenty problems.....

None of this stuff should void anything. most of it is all simple bolt in, or nutcerts.

Yeah like the sways and strut tower braces dont really bother me... But the springs Was going to use comptech as they take longer to change if I have a warrenty issue... Or A Spec make a lowering kit that lots recommend but its give it a rev rake... I think its half inch lower in rear...

I know the aftermarket should make a lot of components for those cars but like kaotik said the coil overs with a drop,strut bar and sway bar should make a difference.I think some places sell these as kits,If you want there is a guy in my home town who has a foriegn car race shop i could as for info.