volant?

well i have been reading post of c.a.i and how they make a sound? sorry to ask a dumb newbie question. but what does it sound like. i have neer had experiences with cai so im totally lost. also does the volant make a good sound. i see that they have good hp gains and torque so thats what im going with, but i want to know if the "sound" is good. thanks :driving:

post-9259-1163384544_thumb.jpg

Check out the K&N 77 series, IMO it looks a lot better than Volant. You will get the same performance from both. As far as the sound, it creates a deep throaty noise.

But you just have a little guy for an engine, so it won't sound the same as the 6.0.

But you just have a little guy for an engine, so it won't sound the same as the 6.0.

:crackup: thanks that made me feel good. lol o well ill just have to swap enines from my moms escalade into this one day..

Be careful if you decide to buy the SS Scoop that attaches to the bottom opening, if it is not installed exactly right your right tire will rub on the wheel well casing, or the tube itself, or the clamp :banghead: . I spent most of a morning moving, adjusting, screwing and unscrewing clamps to get the alignment just right. Oh another thing the scoop intake looks like it will fit perfectly behind the right lower vent---but doesn't. Just some words of wisdom.

On the bright side, I immediately noticed nice gains with the scoop, kind of freaks me out in wet weather, because the truck sounds better in colder, wetter weather which we have had our fair share of here in Fort Campbell, KY :thumbs: .

Mark

Check out the K&N 77 series, IMO it looks a lot better than Volant. You will get the same performance from both. As far as the sound, it creates a deep throaty noise.

I disagree. The Volant and Outlaw would be my choice b/c they draw air from a closed box rather than the K&N, which draws air from your hot engine compartment. K&N looks great with the polished tube, and may get more air than others, but the warm air would be a concern for me, especially if one were to put a non-intercooled s/c on your truck. Just my $0.02

-Cody

I disagree. The Volant and Outlaw would be my choice b/c they draw air from a closed box rather than the K&N, which draws air from your hot engine compartment. K&N looks great with the polished tube, and may get more air than others, but the warm air would be a concern for me, especially if one were to put a non-intercooled s/c on your truck. Just my $0.02

-Cody

:withstupid:

Archived