How I spent my Sunday

kaotik1

Thursday my earls brake lines came in, Thanks to Revolution Raceworks(frank) awesome guy. So it was time to install my baer alumasports.. So far they feel great over stock and I have not even taken the truck out of the shop yet..

If you are wondering why they are all black I have them coated with heat disapatoin coating, it is suppose to remove heat faster from the applied surface.

So here they are.........

818470_62_full.jpg

818470_63_full.jpg

818470_64_full.jpg

818470_65_full.jpg

818470_66_full.jpg

818470_67_full.jpg

818470_68_full.jpg

818470_69_full.jpg

818470_70_full.jpg

how long will the coating last on the surface ? black rotors look pretty cool.

It will last the life of the rotor on the venting and the hat sections. Where the pad actually makes contact it will get cut off and turn silver again, just leaving the slots, and the crossdrilled sections black.. They should look SWEET when that happens.

It will last the life of the rotor on the venting and the hat sections. Where the pad actually makes contact it will get cut off and turn silver again, just leaving the slots, and the crossdrilled sections black.. They should look SWEET when that happens.

How thick is it coated ? Will it cake up in the pads and cause braking problems ?

How thick is it coated ? Will it cake up in the pads and cause braking problems ?

It's just a bit thicker than paint. In the begining it will act like the brakes are glazed, and as it cleans up the brakes will have more grab to them. The slots clean the pads off pretty good and there should be no negitive effect on them.

hey, is that the old OCC shop?

No this is the powdercoating shop that I work for, we are in CT not upstate NY.

I drove the truck around for most of today and all I can say is DAMN! These brakes have the ability to stop the truck, I feel much more confident in the them now, and don't know why I wited so long to get these on, aside of the long wait for brake lines.

I reeeeeeeeeally need to upgrade my brakes.. way to make me jealous..

I can get the Baer stuff I just am waiting on the pricing.

This week has been crazy but I think the black PC is a must on my black x cab that im slamming together.. the lil turbo truck

Looks tight broham I will hit you up later this week I have court tomorow for " careless driving" a little michigan state trooper tole me my zizaust was too loud.. haha