need software suggestions

Holty

hey guys, i use the corporate antivirus software, but just got a new laptop from work and have never had any luck with anti spyware/ad-ware programs. They always seem to be great at first, then the updates slowly get smaller and smaller until the software eventually does nothing for you. Can anybody suggest a good utlity for this for me?

hey guys, i use the corporate antivirus software, but just got a new laptop from work and have never had any luck with anti spyware/ad-ware programs.  They always seem to be great at first, then the updates slowly get smaller and smaller until the software eventually does nothing for you. Can anybody suggest a good utlity for this for me?

Some free programs that I use which have daily-monthly updates and have never let me down are:

Spybot Search & Destroy

AVG Antivirus

Ad-Aware by Lavasoft

ZoneAlarm Firewall

Spybot, Ad-Aware, and ZoneAlarm you can download at www.download.com

For AVG, just google 'AVG Free' and you will get links to their free website.

:cheers::thumbs:

hey guys, i use the corporate antivirus software, but just got a new laptop from work and have never had any luck with anti spyware/ad-ware programs.  They always seem to be great at first, then the updates slowly get smaller and smaller until the software eventually does nothing for you. Can anybody suggest a good utlity for this for me?

Some free programs that I use which have daily-monthly updates and have never let me down are:

Spybot Search & Destroy

AVG Antivirus

Ad-Aware by Lavasoft

ZoneAlarm Firewall

Good list might add SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 to that. Not so much a "remover" but it does help you from getting loads of crap.

Spybot Search & Destroy

AVG Antivirus

Ad-Aware by Lavasoft

ZoneAlarm Firewall

Good list might add SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 to that. Not so much a "remover" but it does help you from getting loads of crap.

i downloaded spywareblaster and am using on my vmware client pc. i can't tell if its working or not? i've gone to all kinda of crazy websites (no, not pr0n sites) to try to test it and i get no pop ups or any dialog saying it working? however, i do see the process running in the background so...?