Look Up your VIN

perk03z06

Hey guys,

A little tech reference, for those that didn't know ...

GM has a free website where you can look up all the computer modules that are on your vehicle, see if there are known problems from those modules, and if GM has released a software update for that module to fix the problem.

Kind of like what Grim_Smoker ran into recently. His Driver's Seat module is starting to have some delays on entry and exit.

GM did issue a software update for this problem.

Here's the website:

http://calid.gm.com

Simply enter your VIN and step through the rest of it ...

Nothing beats FREE information! :thumbs:

how do you get the update pushed to your PCM?

Once you've read the info. from the website, you have a few options to get the update 'pushed' into the vehicle.

1). Locate someone with a suitable programming device that can perform the update for you. Suitable programmers include the Dealer Scan Tool (Tech 2), or some aftermarket scan tool capable of programming. (Genisys, MasterTech, EASE Diagnostics SPS, EASE Diagnostics J2534, BlueStreak, Actia, Drew Tech, EEPod LLC, CARDONE, etc.)

2). Take your vehicle to the dealer, and ask them to load all of the updates into your vehicle. In some cases, you might get a treat because some service-related issues are fixed by programming, so you might already get the update when your truck gets serviced!

:cheers:

hey Frank @ RevolutionRaceWorks.

will you be in my area in the next week? if so, can we do a custom tune and\or load the following?

Part Number  CVN            Description 

12591792      000045EF    New calibration to address idle surge condition caused  by throttle body choking.

Frank will have to have a data subscription to GM's factory CAL's in order to load an update that you find on this website. GM isn't giving the software away for free, ya know ... :nono:

The subscription runs anywhere from $800-$1200, since GM doesn't have daily internet access capability to download the update.

will you be in my area in the next week? if so, can we do a custom tune and\or load the following?

12591792      000045EF     New calibration to address idle surge condition caused  by throttle body choking.

Frank will have to have a data subscription to GM's factory CAL's in order to load an update that you find on this website. GM isn't giving the software away for free, ya know ... :nono:

The subscription runs anywhere from $800-$1200, since GM doesn't have daily internet access capability to download the update.

Unless of course, Frank is a GM Tech and has access to a dealer TSS subscription. Then, I think you can download CAL's for GM vehicles ...

12591792      000045EF     New calibration to address idle surge condition caused  by throttle body choking.

He definitely SHOULD be able to. That Engine Calibration is included with OS 12593058, which has been in use for at least 2 years now. He could take a tune from another 03 SS he's tuned, flash that OS over your current OS, then alter it to suit your application.

Edited by .justin. (see edit history)

I entered my vin and came up with this *12613246 0000E1F2 New software with diagnostic enhancement for DTC P2108. Replaces 12606807 CVN 000088F3 *

I'm still a little slow on this computer stuff, dose this mean there is somthing I available for my truck?

I entered my vin and came up with this *12613246 0000E1F2 New software with diagnostic enhancement for DTC P2108. Replaces 12606807 CVN 000088F3 *

I'm still a little slow on this computer stuff, dose this mean there is somthing I available for my truck?

What this description means is that GM has released a new calibration for your vehicle which will improve (enhance) the software to help technicians diagnose the cause of code P2108: Throttle Actuator Control Module Performance.

So ... if you ever have this problem during the life of your vehicle, new software will help techs. identify the problem faster, and fix it faster.

Will this new GM software change the way your vehicle performs? No.

Will it improve anything with the way the computer manages engine functions? No. Aside of the P2108 Diagnostic Enhancement.

Would I make a dedicated effort to have this new software loaded into my vehicle? Nah ... it doesn't change vehicle performance ... so no need.