new whipple?

• 1 month later...

No intercoler lots of detonation and horrid on the highway because of the heat soak. They were really pretty popular in the early 90s becuase you can pretty much make that style blower adapt to anything.

And nothing is maintence free.. By the time you get that kit in your truck you are going to be close to the cost of a radix and over the cost of a procharger kit with a p1sc.

No intercoler lots of detonation and horrid on the highway because of the heat soak. They were really pretty popular in the early 90s becuase you can pretty much make that style blower adapt to anything.

And nothing is maintence free.. By the time you get that kit in your truck you are going to be close to the cost of a radix and over the cost of a procharger kit with a p1sc.

I'm just wondering your about your bias of your opinion. Do you have experience with a Whipple and other superchargers?

Yup I ran a whipple on a 95 sonoma they made a setup for the throttle body engine. I also have owned 2 diffrent powerdynes 3 vortech's and 2 magnachargers 1 intercooled and one not. And about 16 diffrent prochargers to date.

And enough nitrous in my lifetime to keep the better part of chicago giggling for about a month

The reason I ask is because you say "horrid on the highway because of the heat soak." My Whipple runs super cool. It doesn't matter the temperture of the engine, you can put your hand on the supercharger and it's not even hot. I don't know about other superchargers, but I know with the Vortech, it get's just as hot, if not hotter than the rest of the engine. Like all superchargers, the Whipples would definitely benefit from a intercooler, but as a whole they run very cool.

You have a lot more experience with superchargers than I do, but I have to disagree with the heat soak of a Whipple. Most of my experience is with nitrous. :ughdance: I think Whipples are best for mild applications, like Magnachargers, they just run out at upper RPMs. :happysad:

The reason I ask is because you say "horrid on the highway because of the heat soak." My Whipple runs super cool. It doesn't matter the temperture of the engine, you can put your hand on the supercharger and it's not even hot. I don't know about other superchargers, but I know with the Vortech, it get's just as hot, if not hotter than the rest of the engine. Like all superchargers, the Whipples would definitely benefit from a intercooler, but as a whole they run very cool.

You have a lot more experience with superchargers than I do, but I have to disagree with the heat soak of a Whipple. Most of my experience is with nitrous.  :ughdance:  I think Whipples are best for mild applications, like Magnachargers, they just run out at upper RPMs.  :happysad:

it might not be hot to the touch...but that air is f-in hot! i was at whipple today and they did have a car there, and were making an intercooled kit for us.....

but with them, who knows if/when it will ever get done.