Steering Wheel Clunking Petition Y/N ?

perk03z06

Would you like to be included on a petition letter sent to GM about the steering mechanism clunking that is common on newer Silverados?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be included on a petition letter sent to GM about the steering mechanism clunking that is common on newer Silverados?

• Yes
    • No

Great guys! Keep 'em coming in!

Yes, this is more of a problem than just on the SSS's.

Someone help me on this ... when did this problem begin? With the new body style change in 2003?

:cheers:

I think the problem goes back to the last body style(1999-1/2 to 2002). My 2001 made funny noises but so far the SS has been fine(knock on wood). Hope you guys get it resolved. :cheers:

Im in, i had the shaft replaced at 8k before they went totally cheap and started using the lube kit which has been performed twice now and that lasted about 1,000 miles the first time it was lubed and now it's been about 2,500 and it's started to knock slightly again.I think im just going to deal with it untill they atleast replace the shaft which is the only thing that really solved the problem completely atleast for a couple months the first time, the lube kit does nothing and barley even masked the problem, simply it's not worth the time going to go to the dealer to not even fix the issue.

Last time i was pissed and called gm's 800 number and bitched untill they gave me free of charge a 75k gmpp 0 deductable and started at 13k so im covered untill around 89k.I would still rather have a shaft that does not knock all over the place but atleast the gave me some piece of mind and made them dig in their pocket to accomidate me instead of the other way around.

I have heard rumors of them working on another redesign but i fear that they have just quit on it and have made it into a maintance part which in turn they will charge people to fix once out of warranty and make money from it.I hope im wrong and they actually fix it but now with the new models out i can see them trying to sweep it under the rug and charge people at the same time!My advise with anyone still under warranty is call the 800 gm number and make as much noise as you can!