need help with nitrous choice? i have no knowledge

sorry if this is an old topic but when i searched it realy did'nt answer my questions?..

i have a few hundred bucks to spend on my truck and i seen these nitrous kits on ebay one is wet and one is dry?... (either this or a programmer/mo-tune?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...49491147&rd=1,1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...49491144&rd=1,1

now i know how nitrous works but i want to know the pro's and con's of each kit, if anyone know's if this brand is any good?, which is easier to remove in case of warranty issue's?, which is more reliable?...

any help at all would be appreciated?

I have a 150wet shot on my truck. A dry shot only injects nitrous into the engine, a wet shot injects fuel and nitrous into the engine. A dry shot is only good for up to about 75hp any more than that you want a wet set up, plus you will want you pcm tuned for the nitrous. I have a few bolt ons plus the nos and run high 12's. As for warranty it can void it. With the system done right you should have no problems but remember anything can happen. I have well over a 100 nos passes at the track and some on the street :jester: with 54k on the odometer and still have stock engine/trans with no issues yet.

I have a 150wet shot on my truck. A dry shot only injects nitrous into the engine, a wet shot injects fuel and nitrous into the engine. A dry shot is only good for up to about 75hp any more than that you want a wet set up, plus you will want you pcm tuned for the nitrous. I have a few bolt ons plus the nos and run high 12's. As for warranty it can void it. With the system done right you should have no problems but remember anything can happen. I have well over a 100 nos passes at the track and some on the street :jester: with 54k on the odometer and still have stock engine/trans with no issues yet.

i'm glad to hear it's been so reliable for you. what system are you using :confused: and do you think the systems on ebay are any good? i can't afford to spend $600 for a system now but i can do $400 and that would get me the wet kit on ebay... it seems like it use's quality parts :dunno:

i went to zex's web site and they said that the wet kit sprays the maf so it gets cold and ads more fuel :dunno:

the whole point is i've never used nitrous and if i do it i want to know everthing about it, and then make an educated choice.

i can't afford to make a mistake, i don't think i'd even use the 150hp jets except maybe at the track :devil: but realy a 75hp-100hp shot is all i would need.

also if anyone else has an oppinion i'm all ear's...

imo , with 400 you cant get the parts youll need to make it work safely and effectively , i paid almost 1100 for my complete setup, it includes, a bottle heater( need to keep your bottle at a constant pressure) a window switch( to have the nitrous shut off and on at certain rpms and shift points) i fuel pressure shut off switchs( shuts of you n20 system if your truck reaches a certain low fuel pressure psi), and i have a couple cool goodies for it, a pruge kit with it spraying the intercooler, a bottle mounted gauge. i got it from nitrous outlet. It is a very nice kit and it has a spray nozzle you can mount anywhere on the intake you please. its a NX wet kit that is adjustable from 50 shot , to 75,100,125 and 150.

im not saying the kit you are looking at wont work but imo i would definatly want some other stuff to work in conjunction with it.

imo , with 400 you cant get the parts youll need to make it work safely and effectively , i paid almost 1100 for my complete setup, it includes, a bottle heater( need to keep your bottle at a constant pressure) a window switch( to have the nitrous shut off and on at certain rpms and shift points) i fuel pressure shut off switchs( shuts of you n20 system if your truck reaches a certain low fuel pressure psi), and i have a couple cool goodies for it, a pruge kit with it spraying the intercooler, a bottle mounted gauge. i got it from nitrous outlet. It is a very nice kit and it has a spray nozzle you can mount anywhere on the intake you please. its a NX  wet kit that is adjustable from 50 shot , to 75,100,125 and 150.

im not saying the kit you are looking at wont work but imo i would definatly want some other stuff to work in conjunction with it.

chase thanks for the insight.. thats exactly the kind of stuff io have no idea about :confused: and i want a safe setup that won't give me any trouble.

what would i need to have a safe reliable nitrous set-up?.. if it's all the stuff you have then i can't afford that much now, i've got about 4 bills to spend and thats it.

my only other option was a tune or handheld (other post in pcm section)

imo , with 400 you cant get the parts youll need to make it work safely and effectively , i paid almost 1100 for my complete setup, it includes, a bottle heater( need to keep your bottle at a constant pressure) a window switch( to have the nitrous shut off and on at certain rpms and shift points) i fuel pressure shut off switchs( shuts of you n20 system if your truck reaches a certain low fuel pressure psi), and i have a couple cool goodies for it, a pruge kit with it spraying the intercooler, a bottle mounted gauge. i got it from nitrous outlet. It is a very nice kit and it has a spray nozzle you can mount anywhere on the intake you please. its a NX  wet kit that is adjustable from 50 shot , to 75,100,125 and 150.

chase thanks for the insight.. thats exactly the kind of stuff io have no idea about :confused: and i want a safe setup that won't give me any trouble.

what would i need to have a safe reliable nitrous set-up?.. if it's all the stuff you have then i can't afford that much now, i've got about 4 bills to spend and thats it.

my only other option was a tune or handheld (other post in pcm section)

you would need a tune to run it anyways...your only option is to save your money man. No reason on going cheap on such a expensive truck...(with so many expensive parts)

drako nitrous no matter how nice is the cheap way.. if i wanted full dependability and peace of mind, i would get the magna charger with the 3/36 warranty.. but thats like almost $6000 and unless i hit the lotto that ain't gonna happen. yeah i have a nice truck but i work hard to pay for it. if i could splurge all the time i would have got the silver birch SS that was on the lot with my V-max, but it was $34K and mine was $28K i already had the 20's and the V-max even had 4.10's. so i made the more practical choice and got the performance without the flash (although i was tempted) i saved a $100 a month and that ment more to me then the prestige and look of the SS.. i thought about cloning it when i first bought it, but i like having something a little different.. and have become quite proud of my V-max :chevy:

what i'm saying is if i could save it up i would, but if i don't buy something now i'll just pay some bill with it, and end up doing nothing to my truck.

so i'll have to wait for tax season before i think about NOS again (hope i get a descent return :confused: ) but for now maybe i should get the tune or headers?..

thanks for the help figuring it out guys :cheers:

drako nitrous no matter how nice is the cheap way.. if i wanted full dependability and peace of mind, i would get the magna charger with the 3/36 warranty.. but thats like almost $6000 and unless i hit the lotto that ain't gonna happen. yeah i have a nice truck but i work hard to pay for it. if i could splurge all the time i would have got the silver birch SS that was on the lot with my V-max, but it was $34K and mine was $28K i already had the 20's and the V-max even had 4.10's. so i made the more practical choice and got the performance without the flash (although i was tempted) i saved a $100 a month and that ment more to me then the prestige and look of the SS.. i thought about cloning it when i first bought it, but i like having something a little different.. and have become quite proud of my V-max :chevy:

what i'm saying is if i could save it up i would, but if i don't buy something now i'll just pay some bill with it, and end up doing nothing to my truck.

so i'll have to wait for tax season before i think about NOS again (hope i get a descent return :confused: ) but for now maybe i should get the tune or headers?..

thanks for the help figuring it out guys :cheers:

I know what your getting it, but when your doing such a big mod, it is wise not to go a cheaper way. Mostly because you can grenade your motor and screw up many other things. I agree with you totally though and see where your coming from hear these guys up and save a bit more cash so you can get something nice and it wont give you a headache later on ;)

drako, if i could i would, but i know i'm not gonna save up a grand or more (seems like that what it will cost for a nice set-up + tune) right now or soon... so i think the juice is outta the question for me right now :banghead: i just happened to see a kit that i could afford, and not knowing much about nitrous systems i thought i'd ask. but obviously a reliable quality system is more important to me then taking a chance on blowing my motor, or else i would have bought the $400 wet system. :cheers:

My system is one that was put together, it's part NOS and NX. The solenoids, nozzle and bottle heater are NX. The bottle, remote opener and purge solenoid are NOS. The nitrous and fuel pressure gauge are Autometer (I do have the NX guage) and all the switches ones I bought from Radio Shack, they just look better than what the system comes with. I would not go with the dry kit on ebay. The wet kit seems ok but I would spend a little more and get the nos or nx kit with a bottle heater. My system is done right even though it is not bought as a kit. I would spend a little more when it comes to nitrous. There is about $1100 in my system but I have the remote opener and the purge with is not really needed, which is about $250 $300 extra.