Mcgoofnies leaf springs!

Blaker888

:banghead: Ok well i have a 2/4 drop on the front it is Keys and the rear its leafs and shackles!

I have been getting vibration when I get on it and the ass end sinks I think it may be do to the pinoin angle changing when the ass end drops and then the recoil when I let of I think this is happening because there are less leaf springs now in the rear and the axle is changeing its angle under accleration! Thus causing the vibration does anyone have this probem I am two wheel drive and I just thought SS had this problem help I want a stiffer rear end it just feel so loose in the rear and I get alot of wheel hop to HELP :dunno: me please I have been battling this sence I lowered my truck! :sigh:

Edited by Blaker888 (see edit history)

search the threads its a commone problem for truck lowered using shackles and hangers, best bet is to measure your pinion angle and get shims to the degree you need, i ended up needing 6 degree shims for mine to go away.

search the threads its a commone problem for truck lowered using shackles and hangers, best bet is to measure your pinion angle and get shims to the degree you need, i ended up needing 6 degree shims for mine to go away.

Was ur under accelration?

Have you relocated the carrier bearing? If not this is a must. I relocated mine and still had to use 3* shims to correct vibration. But you are using leafs so I have no clue if they have any kind of correction built into those.

[/quotear

Is there a place already made into the frame to relocate it jon? I talked to a guy and he said he fab up some traction bars and make them adjustable So if i want it to ride smooth I just loosenit or if I want stiffness then I tighten them up when I I want to go to the track or I feel like messing around!

Have you relocated the carrier bearing? If not this is a must. I relocated mine and still had to use 3* shims to correct vibration. But you are using leafs so I have no clue if they have any kind of correction built into those.

[/quotear

Is there a place already made into the frame to relocate it jon? I talked to a guy and he said he fab up some traction bars and make them adjustable So if i want it to ride smooth I just loosenit or if I want stiffness then I tighten them up when I I want to go to the track or I feel like messing around!

You will need to get the relocation bracket and it requires trimming and drilling holes in the existing bracket

[/quotear

You will need to get the relocation bracket and it requires trimming and drilling holes in the existing bracket

Where do I get that?