Superchips

MP5GUY

I bought a superchips hand held about 2 years ago. After taking my truck into the dealership to have my 2nd front end rebuild I plugged it in and got a error message to call superchips. Ok not to bad yet I call them and tell them whats going on and they tell me I need the VIN The sale slip and somthing else (I was to mad by this time to rember) Or I could pay 200 and just send it to them. So now I have to give up my VIN and other personal information or pay 200 for a replacement handheld? So in short before you pay for one from your buddy or E-Bay or anything else rember it will cost you 200 to reflash it if you don't have your recipt and want to give up your personal info. For what its worth I bought this from a local parts house who got my recipt and all but who wants to give up all there personal info to someone you don't know? Just my .02. :nono::mad:

I bought a superchips hand held about 2 years ago. After taking my truck into the dealership to have my 2nd front end rebuild I plugged it in and got a error message to call superchips. Ok not to bad yet I call them and tell them whats going on and they tell me I need the VIN The sale slip and somthing else (I was to mad by this time to rember) Or I could pay 200 and just send it to them. So now I have to give up my VIN and other personal information or pay 200 for a replacement handheld? So in short before you pay for one from your buddy or E-Bay or anything else rember it will cost you 200 to reflash it if you don't have your recipt and want to give up your personal info. For what its worth I bought this from a local parts house who got my recipt and all but who wants to give up all there personal info to someone you don't know? Just my .02.  :nono:  :mad:

superchips is a company thats been around for a while, so i don't think giving them your vin is a problem, they just use it to make sure your the one who purchased it, otherwise anyone can tune there truck then sell it to the next guy and he can tune is and so on... which would lose money for them if one programmer tuned 100 trucks.

thats why they charge $200 without the proper info because they have to assume you got it from someone who did'nt revert there truck to the factory tune.

• 2 months later...

PCM Tuning Section:

All of your personal tuning concerns here (LS1 Edit, HP Tuners, EFI Live, Wideband, Logging Equipment, etc..) NO VENDOR PRAISES. NO POSTS ON HANDHELD UNITS OR MAIL ORDER TUNING.

Moved topic to Bolt On Performance section.