whoops, had a little spill

04CHASE

i somehow left a quart of mobil 1 under the back seat of the SS , it somehow seeped out and now i have some oil on my carpet, any idea on how i woul dget this shit out, i really dont want to buy a whole new carpet becasue its a pita to put in. i was thinking of some kind of solvent to lift the oil and a good shampoo job after. its not a huge mess but enough to piss me off.i was lucky enough that the rear floor mat caught the majority of it but some is on the carpet, i use that as my excuse to order some new mats. Mr p i know you have some ideas!!

i somehow left a quart of mobil 1 under the back seat of the SS , it somehow seeped out and now i have some oil on my carpet, any idea on how i woul dget this shit out, i really dont want to buy a whole new carpet becasue its a pita to put in. i was thinking of some kind of solvent to lift the oil and a good shampoo job after. its not a huge mess but enough to piss me off.i was lucky enough that the rear floor mat caught the majority of it but some is on the carpet, i use that as my excuse to order some new mats. Mr p i know you have some ideas!!

Resolve carpet cleaner & a brush are pretty good with oil & grease stains.

:dunno: Well @%^! I dunno :lol: From HS chemistry class, oil dissolves in alcohol; so what I would do is to blot-up as best as possible with rags and then paper towels until they come up dry (use your foot, stand on the paper towell), then use an old washrag soaked in rubbing alcohol to break down whatever is left in the fibers and suck-up with a good shop vac, then lastly attack with Dawn detergent and rinse/vac well. Overkill maybe? :confused: But that will probably get it out and keep from attracting a big dirt stain.

Mr. P.

I spilled some oil on the carpet in my last truck i owned, and i went to a dry cleaner and asked what would get it out and they gave me some solvent that took it out completly. I don't remember what it was though, but it worked wonders.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

cool thanks guys, the truck is not 100% dont but i saw it today and i almost shat my self , i saw it before they added clear and it looked sick but today i saw it with the clear coat and in the sun and i got that feeling . i was speechless, should have it tommorrow , they still have to color sand and buff it out, but if not tommorrow monday.

I've had pretty good luck using brake cleaner to get that kind of spill cleaned up.

:crackup: lol, that what my g/f's mom told me , break cleaner works on anything :chevy: i hope it just doesent mess up the carpet afterwards.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

When you did the post on the new colors and the whole thing of the truck catching on fire it clicked that it had something to do with the spilled oil *(making it more believable as i was waiting for the pictures to load.) anyways make sure to test a small spot under your seat to make sure it doesnt discolor the area too bad.

When you did the post on the new colors and the whole thing of the truck catching on fire it clicked that it had something to do with the spilled oil *(making it more believable as i was waiting for the pictures to load.) anyways make sure to test a small spot under your seat to make sure it doesnt discolor the area too bad.

im going to try a fewer less aggressive steps to get it out. last step will be the break cleaner, first im going to try soaking it all up with a white lowel and then some dishwahser soap, then proceed to soaking it up with some baby powder and finish with a shampoo carpet cleaner.