Guess I'm gonna have to drop a V8 into my Firebird

tawss04

Yesterday day my dad ask me if I wanted to drop my 350 into my Firebird :confused: When I asked him why, he told me he sold the motor thats in it. It's only a 3.1 V6, I bought the car as a second vehicle. It had a rod knock, so I rebuilt it then my buddy blew it up :banghead: (still waiting for soem money) so I dropped another engine in. I was goingto drop a V8 in it then but did not have the time so I just left it a V6. This time I'm going go with the V8 :D My dad sold the motor to a customer of ours that has a 82 S-10, I think I'm going to leave the fuel injection on it and drop it to the S-10 (it's carburared now)

My decision right know is what engine I want to put in it. My choices are a 350 with the GM Ram Jet F/I, fast burn heads and a cam or a brand new LS1 still sitting on the crate. The 350 I will net to get the computer to run the fuel injection, the LS1 I will go with the Edelbrock carburator manifold setup, plus I need to find the mounts to make it work. I still will need to change the tranny for either one, so thats no problem. Which ever way I go it's gonna be a 12sec ride :jester:

Any suggestions on which set up to go with

I like the LS engines. What kind of trannys do you have available?

What is the diff in the Firebird..?

I'm gonna go with a 700R4, my friend has a tranny shop and is going to build one for me, I'm also going with the Edlebrock/MSD carb intake setup. I dont feel like messing with a computer on this one. One of my friends in Miami in has an 84 Olds Cutlass with the same setup - stock LS1, 700R4, 650 holley, flowmaster muffler and 373 gears putting 380+ at the wheels on a dyno. I figure I'll be in that area. I my do headers and full exhuast. I'm hoping to be sitting closer to 400hp :fingersx:

I have one of the salvage yards I deal with sending me a complete 00-01 Z28 so I can take the complete drive belt set up and the diff with the disc brakes :D

It's not going to be done right away, it maybe a few months but it sould be pretty fun when its done :jester: