high octane gas

brent1976

I just noticed the other day as I was traveling to a job for work, that there is a gas station about 1/2 a mile from the local dirt track that has a super premium 110 octane pump. I have lived here all my life, and have been driving for 14 years and have never noticed it. It's only $3.15 a gallon, do you think it would hurt to try ot in my truck?

yes it proably would, beiung 110 and it only being that parice i would assume it is leaded, which can cause you to burn up your cats and possibly clog your fuel injectors, but there isn tmuch point in running higher octane unless your boosted or high compression. you may be able to get a bit more timing with the higher octane but not really worth it for the price.

yes it proably would, beiung 110 and it only being that parice i would assume it is leaded, which can cause you to burn up your cats and possibly clog your fuel injectors, but there isn tmuch point in running higher octane unless your boosted or high compression. you may be able to get a bit more timing with the higher octane but not really worth it for the price.

:withstupid: Even if it was unleaded it would still be prone to damaging your cats.

Mr. P.