flowmaster?

i am looking into a louder muffler. im currently using a 50 series flowmaster. i am looking into a super 40. are they any good? and which one is better super 40 or original 40? i have a 4.8 v8 if that is any help. just looking for a more powerfull sound!!!! :driving:

i am looking into a louder muffler. im currently using a 50 series flowmaster. i am looking into a super 40. are they any good? and which one is better super 40 or original 40? i have a 4.8 v8 if that is any help. just looking for a more powerfull sound!!!! :driving:

i have duel 3" in & out super 40's and there awesome.. sound better then the delta 40 i had on my last silvy.. they sound like the original 40 but without all tha drone in the cab... i'll try to post a video clip with sound.. :thumbs:

just added the video clip heres the link..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9ff859a...87e016ca4c7.htm

Edited by 2006_superado (see edit history)

Are you running your dual 40's with or without an X-pipe?

no x-pipe just straight duels.. simply cut the stocker off installed the super 40's and duel side exit.. still trying to find a tip that will fit and that i like..

Most guys like the DeltaFlow over the original standard 40 series because of reduced interior resonance. I run 3 1/2" Delta 40s with an X pipe because I wanted LESS noise, I think both the Delta versions and the X pipe will hopefully lower the sounds inside and outside of the car.

I never have been bothered by the interior resonance with standard 50 series Flowmasters, and I have ran them many a time, but always with tailpipes.

:dunno:

dude ill have an exhaust posted up in a few days perfect for you

its my old seutp and ppl that knew my truck will back up the loud ness

its Mac midlenghts with matching ORY that mates to a factory cat back but to top it off i have a american thunder catback that exits the side with dual polished 3" stainless tips. the muffer is a super 40

im looking to get 550 to 600 for whole package, headers and Y got 8200miles on them catback has about 15k on it

polished tips are in good shape just have some rubber caked on them can can be removed with some elbow grease

Most guys like the DeltaFlow over the original standard 40 series because of reduced interior resonance. I run 3 1/2" Delta 40s with an X pipe because I wanted LESS noise, I think both the Delta versions and the X pipe will hopefully lower the sounds inside and outside of the car.

I never have been bothered by the interior resonance with standard 50 series Flowmasters, and I have ran them many a time, but always with tailpipes.

if you go to flowmaster's site you can see there are the original 40's, the delta 40's, and the super 40's, i had the delta on my 05 silverado 5.3 because i did'nt want the drone like the original 40's.. but when i got the 06 i got the new super 40 because there supposed to have all the sound without the drone.. so far it's been true for me!... :cheers:

if you go to flowmaster's site you can see there are the original 40's, the delta 40's, and the super 40's, i had the delta on my 05 silverado 5.3 because i did'nt want the drone like the original 40's.. but when i got the 06 i got the new super 40 because there supposed to have all the sound without the drone.. so far it's been true for me!... :cheers:

Did you find a major difference between the Super 40 and the Delta 40?

Did you find a major difference between the Super 40 and the Delta 40?

yeah there louder and have no problem with drone best of both worlds :D

can't wait until i get some pacesetters :devil:

I have a 2005 ss 6.0 and i just put the flow master super 40 duel inlet duel outlet and it sounds really good. Its a nice deep clean get out of my way rumble. :cool: