bose system being replaced, $125 harness needed??

There are a few different harnesses out there depending on whether you want to keep all the factory chimes, controls, etc. $125.00 actually doesn't sound that bad considering there are a few different harnesses to keep it all. Using the harnesses, is the right way to do the install IMHO.

yes there something witht he newer trucks that use the door chime throught the facotry sound system. there was a post up here a little while ago saying that it can throw a error code,but im not sure. and yes there is a harnnes that you can buy to use factory steerign wheel controls. my boss put one in on his avalanche. it was expensive but not to bad. if you have any question pm me i install mobile electronics at work so i can ask the guy how he installed it.

The factory radio has a lot to do with the air bags, chimes, and other items like that. The reason for relocating the factory radio is to maintain the functions. The reason you need all the other harness is so you don't have to have your factory radio installed anymore.

i went to the local fle market and they tried to sell me a harness that you have to store the factory radio somewhere in the car...... anyone know about that??

Don't go cheap. It always comes back to bite you in the @ss. :thumbs:

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)