Is this a good deal?

747Racing

Hey, I'm just wondering what you guys think of this...

I'm putting the finishing touches on my 1967 Chevelle I restoring. I bought the Chevelle when I was 15 and it's taken me almost 7 years to get it where it is today. By the way, if I wanted to show the car how do I put in a picture?

Anyways, I'm about to finish this car and I want to start another. I am a huge fan of Chevelles. I mean the Camaro is okay, but I consider that more of a sports car and I've never been a huge fan of the Nova. Anyways, I've found a line on a 454 block for 450 and I'm hoping to build a 1970 Chevelle SS. Well I thought I'd buy the block and I have a spare engine stand from my 67 and just have it sitting in my living room.

Well about 20 minutes ago I found a 1970 Chevelle for sale, body's in good shape and it doesn't have a driveline. It has good floors and a good trunk floor too, the guys asking 4200 for the car, is this a good deal or not?

Would you buy it?

Let me know what you think,

Cheers!

Hey, I'm just wondering what you guys think of this...

I'm putting the finishing touches on my 1967 Chevelle I restoring. I bought the Chevelle when I was 15 and it's taken me almost 7 years to get it where it is today. By the way, if I wanted to show the car how do I put in a picture?

Anyways, I'm about to finish this car and I want to start another. I am a huge fan of Chevelles. I mean the Camaro is okay, but I consider that more of a sports car and I've never been a huge fan of the Nova. Anyways, I've found a line on a 454 block for 450 and I'm hoping to build a 1970 Chevelle SS. Well I thought I'd buy the block and I have a spare engine stand from my 67 and just have it sitting in my living room.

Well about 20 minutes ago I found a 1970 Chevelle for sale, body's in good shape and it doesn't have a driveline. It has good floors and a good trunk floor too, the guys asking 4200 for the car, is this a good deal or not?

Would you buy it?

Let me know what you think,

Cheers!

I think it's a good deal if it's mostly complete, but make sure you look it over well in the daylight.

Sometimes the front of the frames twist and the camber can't be gotten, but a frame shop can repair that if neccessary, other than that it would be rust I would look for.

I've built a ton of 1969 Chevelles when I was young. They aren't plentiful like they used to be. Check the car's condition and if it's decent make the best deal you can....

:thumbs:

...I have a spare engine stand from my 67 and just have it sitting in my living room. ...
I think you've got a really understanding wife and/or landlord to be rebuilding an engine on the wall-to-wall carpet! :jester:

Mr. P. :)

:lol:

I din't even blink at that one, my buddy once claimed he had "6 engines in his kitchen".

I went to his house, and sure enough....

:eek: