new upgrades!

06redSSrwd

just put on my upgrades on saturday, noticeable difference in my gas mileage and great improvement on performance, sounds great (i know someone asked about sound from cai), it really sounds like its got a pair now :thumbs: and that ram air scoop really makes for a nice run on the highway or any 55+ mph driving. it rides out on the highway now!

as for the tbs, don't know if it's doing much for me, haven't really read anything great about them anyway. more on that later, it does make a cool turbo noise though :dupe:

Edited by 06redSSrwd (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
just put on my upgrades on saturday, noticeable difference in my gas mileage and great improvement on performance, sounds great (i know someone asked about sound from cai), it really sounds like its got a pair now  :thumbs:  and that ram air scoop really makes for a nice run on the highway or any 55+ mph driving. it rides out on the highway now!

as for the tbs, don't know if it's doing much for me, haven't really read anything great about them anyway. more on that later, it does make a cool turbo noise though  :dupe:

Did you have any issues installing the scoop? Mine rubs against my right tire when turning right? Any help would be great.

i like the tbs a lot, i don't think it causes any issues that others have thought it does, as far as the scoop, it isn't a clean install as they describe it

fit it as best as you can (as in lined up with your bumper scoop), by twisting it, adjusting the silicone brace, etc. then lock them down with the metal braces and then buy the biggest ziptie and brace that sucker as far forward as you can, solved my problem!

if you want pics, let me know.

ES :flag:

I think the throttle body spacers are not that good for our engines, due to the fact tha since the vortech already swirls air. I forgot the actual re ason, although I know on s10 forums someone did a dyno with it on and off and he actually lost a few hp with it installed.

Makes a cool little sound though

i like the tbs a lot, i don't think it causes any issues that others have thought it does, as far as the scoop, it isn't a clean install as they describe it

fit it as best as you can (as in lined up with your bumper scoop), by twisting it, adjusting the silicone brace, etc.  then lock them down with the metal braces and then buy the biggest ziptie and brace that sucker as far forward as you can, solved my problem!

I trimmed my scoop so it wouldn't stick back so far and that solved my problems. I couldn't stand the rubbing :banghead:

fit it as best as you can (as in lined up with your bumper scoop), by twisting it, adjusting the silicone brace, etc.  then lock them down with the metal braces and then buy the biggest ziptie and brace that sucker as far forward as you can, solved my problem!

I trimmed my scoop so it wouldn't stick back so far and that solved my problems. I couldn't stand the rubbing :banghead:

my zipties work great! :thumbs: i used the big ones that SWAT and the military use to detain ppl

Your advise is something I was going to do. Sometimes we have to hear it from someone else, first. I have hundreds of these huge ass zipties, being in the military and all (oh yeah, for one more week). I will let you know. Trim the scoop was also a good idea. I will use your idea first. Thanks.

as far as the increase in gas mileage, i don't know exactly because i didn't have my truck for too long before i put on the mods. i am doing about 16 city ( i drive a little more heavy on the pedal in the city because i like acceleration! :thumbs: ) and 20-21 highway which is most of my driving.

i will try to get some pics up as soon as i get the time to do it

i am a full time med student, i work full time and i am writing a book. semester is over for now so i'll get some time to post some pics.

happy holidays!