Porsche 911 hits toll booth in SoCal

Posi12Bolt

now i never call  :icon_bs: on things like this, but have you ever been to a accident seen where the body wasn't covered?  especially in the middle of the day with all the people standing around.  also, in the last few pics, you can see the flatbed getting ready to drag the car up on it to tow away.  do you think they would leave the body uncovered like that on the back of a flatbed? something dosn't seem right with those pics.  i'm officially calling  :icon_bs:

:icon_bs: 26dubss style YO

I totally see what you are saying. I really don't understand how those pics could have been exposed over the net. I also don't see how those pics could be fake :dunno: I''m confused.

YES.. i have. i work for a tow and recovery co. and the pics are real. the flatbed was used to roll the car over so the investigating team can work. there is no trafic on that side of the road so they will not cover up a body until all pics are taken. when there are done it will be covered until the M.E. shows up to remove the body.if they could not close off trafic, then a screen would have been put up.

i was on one wreck that the two cars were so mangled together that we loaded them on a flat bed trailer and took it to a holding area, and it took 3 hrs. to cut all the bodys out...

:seeya:

KIM.. yes that is brain, bone, and skin she is trying to pick up .......sorry!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my veal marsala dinner isnt tasting too good right now.  :(

I was eating Pizza ...and drinking a beer when I read it...kinda makes you feel :puke: I think Brian likes to shock us :banghead::jester:

:lol: I felt a little wooozy myself yesterday when I seem em...

pics arent working anymore?

yeah, I searched the internet this morning for someone hosting them...

BUT to no good, every forum that had em up no longer do... oh and Holty... they're real the shit was all over the news... :dunno:

well not the red asphault part but the crash itself...

apparently she was drunk and in an arguement with her parents so she took off in daddy's porsche... :banghead:

Edit: yesterday I was thinking to myself "I should save these, cause they wont last long" :banghead:

Edited by Posi12Bolt (see edit history)

I'm debating wether to show this to my 16yr old daughter who's getting a new car soon. Maybe this will scare the shit out of her and maybe she'll think twice before speeding.

What do you guys think?

I think you can't scare kids straight; it always backfires. OTOH I also know you cannot hide kids from the world either.

I openly share with my kids how I feel about them doing something stupid and seriously hurting (or worse) themselves and/or others but with a non-gory manner. My kids are 9 & 11 so I don't elaborate on gory details to get them to understand the true gravity of my point (so far, knock on wood) regardless of subject. To this point in my parenting when the kids' natural curiousity matures it becomes self-evident when the time is right to share the gory 'facts of life' material with them (like what an exploded cranium looks like) because they seek it out on their own. Of course this approach to parenting does mean that you've got to work at parenting and keep an honest pulse on the development of your child, it's the only way to know if the boundaries you are maintaining are too tight or too loose IMO.

I think if you are wondering this at her age (16 yrs) it's too late. I have taken my kids with me to the wrecking yards looking for parts, and their natural curiosity has always led them to thoroughly examining the totaled vehicles one always finds in the yard. And they always point out the cars to me and we discuss it; my kids are well aware that bad judgement can ruin lives, and I have not had to discuss exactly what spilled brains look like. In the future I am sending my kids to professional driving school as early as they show they are ready to accept these skills; it will cost a few grand but I think it will be some of the best money I will have invested in my kids.

Mr. P.

Owwwwwwwwwwww!!!

That's no fun :cry:

Thats what careless people do everyday. I have seen all sorts of stuff here on the highway in Miami. I have seen people thrown from cars, cars get crushed by trucks at a toll. The happiest moment was seeing a rolled over mini-van and watching the whole family walking around their van. They were lucky that everyone had their seatbelts on.

This is a sad story but it's what people don't think of when they drive carelessly.

we had an accident here last night, that a woman driving a subaru forrester pulled out in front of a Dodge 2500 diesel. the woman in the subaru was killed and the dodge driver was ok, except a few cuts and bruises. the lady in the forrester was pronounced dead at the scene and they had to remove her legs to get her body out of the car... I got a good look at the truck and the subaru... it was pretty bad... Its too bad that kind of stuff happens, but it does. it goes to show you how fragile life is... here one day and gone the next...

That happened about 5 miles away from here.. I live in Ladera Ranch which is where that girl is from. My neighbors know who she was (i dont) and that was her car, and not her dads. I dont care if I have all the money in the world, there would be NO WAY IN HELL i would give my 18yr old daughtry (if i had one) a friggen Porsche 911. I hold her dad responsible for giving his daughter a car like that .. it was like giving her a loaded gun.

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)

I dont think it was the fault of the car. she could of had been doing 100 in just about any descent newer car, so to blame it on a porsche is not right. Especially on that highway. however the porsche probably held together better than any other car, say like a civic. To bad she was going to fast.

I won't view the pics, so saying that ... My sister in law owns a black 911 carrera ... (2004) ...

It is a non-turbo and running on NM fuel (detuned via pcm) it is quick, but not a handful ... My brother in law was in his XLR (320hp) and I was in the 911 and on the flats we were pretty neck and neck, until my gearing would start to take him over about 90 or so ... I believe her Carrera has about 315 HP but it's spaced nice ...

About the handling ... Have any of you ever driven a new 911? ... I have to say it, I have never driven anything that compares ... Having first hand drive time behind one of these cars, 100 mph in one is literally nothing as far as handling goes; if you were to mis-manage one at that speed, you have no business driving one period... they are very good handling cars at speed and well balanced with more traction than anyone would believe ... they simply feel locked to the road, and driver ergos and feel are superb ...

what I am saying, is if she lost control in a new 911 carrera, she likely would have lost it sooner on in ownership in a lesser vehicle ... the 911 can inspire confidence because it is what it is; confidence without common sense well ... there ya go ...

what I am saying, is if she lost control in a new 911 carrera, she likely would have lost it sooner on in ownership in a lesser vehicle ... the 911 can inspire confidence because it is what it is; confidence without common sense well ... there ya go ...

well... she didn't just lose control... she ran into a civic THEN lost control

and then... :smash:

well... she didn't just lose control... she ran into a civic THEN lost control

and then... :smash:

LOL ... semantics semantics ... If she was under control, she would not have hit the Civic right? ... Part of the definition "loss of control" is hitting something you would rather not hit ... Civic, Toll Booth, pavement, etc., etc ... at whatever speed, or angle ... Now this guy is SAFE ------> :driving: