accident i saw!!!

well its a little werid tonight. i was looking at posi12bolt's post on the 911 accident and was like wow that must be so hard to deal with. well i went out with my sister and wouldnt you know a accident. not just a fender bender but a roll over and the girl hit the jersey barriers. there were no cops or rescue vechiles in site so i pulled over ran to the car and was second on scene. there was an old man but he was speaking portuguese to the girl and i new she didnt understand so i tried talking to her, she was unconcious. the car was a mess and leaking like a f*@K and on its roof. i shut the car off and my sister called 911. it just hit home hard to me about speeding. like theres no need to go fast to end up on the side of the street dieing. thank god i had medical gloves and a nurse saw us and pulled over. to help me.. im 17 with 0 medical skill, except basic medical and common sense. i new not to move her but to get her stable. this might be off topic but i just need to tell you guys to slow down. ya i now you guys will say i no how to drive and bla bla. but seriously take it easy...that girls look on her face will never leave me forever. just thought i would share with you guys!!!!!!

Accidents are tough. I've witnessed a few and it's an unforgettable experience of fear and a sick feeling right in your gut. My only suggestion to give you a little more confidence next time you come upon one is to take a good first aid CPR class and carry an adequate first aid kit in your car. I took one in college way back when from a great instructor. The final exam was pretty intense. It was complete with gushing blood, screaming victims, the whole nine yards. They used the drama students to be our victims. It'll give you the know how to deal with a lot of situations, at least until the authorities show up.

thumbs-up to you for caring about your fellow man and taking action to help.

I've was the first person on scene(besides the drivers) last year to an accident where a taurus rearended a big rig at HIGH speed...

it was a foggy morning about 4:30am I was on my way to work when out of nowhere I almost run over this taurus thats sideways across the slow lane and onramp to I-80... there were no lights on and the big rig didn't pull over till about 1/4 mile down the road (he was running back down the highway) to the accident...

I pull over flashers goin so I dont get run over myself... it kinda trippy being on a deserted highway... :happysad: and run over to the wrecked ford... the impact was so hard that none of the doors would open and the engine was pretty much into the firewall! :crazy: about this time the truck driver is running up to me and yelling about if I got hit too yada yada yada... I say no and we try to talkin with the guy driving the taurus. I will never forget the look of horror on that poor mans face... :tear:

more blood than I care to ever see again, nose was pretty much exploded, head had a major cut near his hairline, he was just ****ed up and couldn't talk... started to just look out of it, very scary indeed. I felt bad because there was absolutely nothing i could do. I just kept tellin him he was gonna be ok, your gonna be ok buddy, and things of the sort...

about this time chp rolls up and starts givin me the 20 questions about my part in the accident, blah blah blah... I tell him I was seconds behind and didn't know what happened and that I just almost ran into him myself...

Officer told me thanks but I'm not needed and to leave... :nonod::dunno:

I went to work, I don't know if the guy lived or not... I never found anything on the internet about it... :wtf:

~Brian

same thing with me im helping the girl out the the cops come ask if i saw anything. said didnt really get a good look then says thanks and asked me to leave. it killed me leaving her there. i want to know hows shes doing. i might call a hopsital or a couple of cops buddies of mine to see if anyone knows anything