Reading PCM Codes

maddmaxx

Ok, I do a lot of my own maintence and have my own Actron OBDII reader. I had the usual P0455 code recently and replaced the gas cap, checked the vacum lines at the canister near the gas tank, and cleared the code. The code came back about 4 days later. So, I cleared the code and checked the cap again. Now today, the light came on. So I plugged in my Actron to see if it's the same thing, and the code reader will not see the truck. :banghead: It's like it's dead or the port is dead. I checked the Actron on my other car to be sure if the reader was bad and it works fine. So, it's not the tool. Anyone ever have this problem or have a sugestion on what the problem may be? Nothing visually looks wrong at the diagnostic port.

Any advice is welcome. THANKS!!

Check your cigarette lighter fuse.  :thumbs:

DUDE!!! That got it. I just got the SS a few weeks ago, so I haven't discovered all the quirks yet.

Soooo, now that the DTC is working, it was the same P0455 code again. Do you have any tips for that? I did install a new gas cap (stant I believe) and checked the vacum hoses at the gas tank. Are there other related lines in another evan canister elsewhere to check?

Thanks for saving my sanity.

Check your cigarette lighter fuse.   :thumbs:

DUDE!!! That got it. I just got the SS a few weeks ago, so I haven't discovered all the quirks yet.

Soooo, now that the DTC is working, it was the same P0455 code again. Do you have any tips for that? I did install a new gas cap (stant I believe) and checked the vacum hoses at the gas tank. Are there other related lines in another evan canister elsewhere to check?

Thanks for saving my sanity.

Have you checked the vaccum line where it connects up to the intake manifold?