to SD or not to SD

Quik

for my 408 custom cam, L92, L76 intake, 90mm tb, `1 7/8 header, svo 42 injector setup what would be best to use the Maf or go SD

see with a 90mm tb the inlet for air needs to be 4" and my K&N FIPK isnt that large and neither is the MAF should i eliminate the MAF and tune for SD for this new setup

imj tuning my truck in sd now and it is working well so far, the throttle seems to react more to it. so far i really like how it runs. im trying to figure out how to do a maf/sd tune so when your maf reaches a certain hz it shuts off andgoes into sd and then when it comes back down to that hertz it goes back into a maf tune.

yea but arent you boosted? i wonder how it would be for a NA setup.

I believe that once you put in a big cam, the MAF should say "bye bye". To much reversion with it in place, especially with higher flowing heads and intake. Not to mention that you can command AFR and make your own "lean cruise" mode for better MPG (since the stock lean cruise mode is disabled in American cars/trucks, even when you populate those tables). I plan on going SD for a MAFless tune next summer with a converted Edlebrock carb style intake. :cool:

do you plan on being able to pass pa state emissions test? speed density open loop will not pass. Dewmanshu and I have acomplished what Chase is trying to. My truck now has a 100% perfect VE table and i've re-enabled my maf and put the truck back in closed loop. At 8400HZ my maf fails and i go into speed density, and once you hit PE, your in open loop anyway. This will work for a FI or N/A setup. 2bar or 1bar map makes no difference. you just need to detrermine if your going to need to pass emission? if not, SD is the way to go. thats how i run 99% of the time. right now, i'm still trhying to dial the maf in just i can drive it on a emissions legal tune if i wanted or needed to.

do you plan on being able to pass pa state emissions test?  speed density open loop will not pass.  Dewmanshu and I have acomplished what Chase is trying to.  My truck now has a 100% perfect VE table and i've re-enabled my maf and put the truck back in closed loop.  At 8400HZ my maf fails and i go into speed density, and once you hit PE, your in open loop anyway.  This will work for a FI or N/A setup. 2bar or 1bar map makes no difference.  you just need to detrermine if your going to need to pass emission?  if not, SD is the way to go.  thats how i run 99% of the time.  right now, i'm still trhying to dial the maf in just i can drive it on a emissions legal tune if i wanted or needed to.

well we do live in PA so yes i need to be able to set the flags. so i guess possibly im going to get the 100mm maf so im legit..who knows yet tho