gas mileage

i have to say im shocked at some of the gas mileage numbers ive heard. i would figure the 2wd would get better than the awd but who knows. i get about 13.0 with a mix of mostly street highway miles. not very good but better than my last truck which got about 9 with 4.88 gears. :puke:

i've had 8 cyl trucks for so long now that i hardly ever pay attention to gas mileage. on a normal week of driving to and from work, i hit the gas station once every 5 or 6 days. i'm completely stock under the hood for now and i'm averaging about 14-15 mpg combined. haven't compared highway to city.

After this post I tried figuring it out,

I drive 4 miles per day to and from work, so 20 miles a week, I decided to go fill it up after driving those 20 miles and it took 4.1 gallons of gas, crazy huh? That's what about 5 mpg if I'm not mistaken :driving:

I drive 4 miles per day to and from work, so 20 miles a week, I decided to go fill it up after driving those 20 miles and it took 4.1 gallons of gas, crazy huh? That's what about 5 mpg if I'm not mistaken :driving:

that doesn't sound right. it is alot of stop and go? or are you pulling an aircraft carrier?

That's pretty good....NOT! Why not just ride a bike?