did my antenna delete...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hey All ... Well thanks for the Idea ... Yesterday, I installed my new Cowl Hood. And I took the liberty of taking the part number you all supplied and did my Antenna Delete too. My truck looks really sharp with it's new hood, and without the antenna in the way.

Once again, Thank you all for the Idea and the Part number!!!!! :thumbs:

I definately like the mod.. does that antenna rattle at all where you have it zip tied down?? :confused:

woo hooo 500th post.. wtf? spending to much time on here? :banghead::ughdance::crackup::crackup:

Nope ... But I also used a little Windshield Gasket putty around the areas that might rub ... or clank ...

sounds like something i might have done when i was 17 but now, hmm....

10 years from now you're gonna say at thanksgiving or something, remember the Escalade you used to have? remember the truck I used to have? you're not gonna believe what i did....

:withstupid: , you're definitely going to be overwhelmed by the guilt someday and you're just going to have to come clean. lol :lol:

ES :flag:

I also did my antenna delete, but one thing I lost was all my AM stations. All the sports talk gone......Anybody know a cleaver way to get those back?

You need to ground the antenna. Run a wire from the Antenna, back to the Antenna base. I just used a regular screw for the base, and a quick soder on the Antenna. Once Grounded, you'll have everything back.

I also did my antenna delete, but one thing I lost was all my AM stations. All the sports talk gone......Anybody know a cleaver way to get those back?

You need to ground the antenna. Run a wire from the Antenna, back to the Antenna base. I just used a regular screw for the base, and a quick soder on the Antenna. Once Grounded, you'll have everything back.

I've gotta try that grounding thing....thanks for the tip :cheers:

I did my antenna delete about two weeks ago, I built a little L-bracket and the only station I lost was the one that had piss poor reception to begin with. Just picked up the new cowl panel with no hole today and it looks great

got a pic by any chance? i'm going to try that this weekend

ES :flag: