Chrome SS Emblems

Anyone know if having them chrome plated comes out a better deal than actually buying them chrome plated already?

You can get them chrome plated?! I've looked into it and having the real plastic ones triple-plated in show chrome is going to cost at least a couple hundred bucks. :tear: But I'm going to do it to match my rims and chrome front bowtie.

Mr. P.

ps - what might be cheaper is to find a place that does the deposited aluminum coating method (process used to make headlight reflectors), that would be a bit less expensive but I'm assuming not as durable.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

Anyone know if having them chrome plated comes out a better deal than actually buying them chrome plated already?

You can get them chrome plated?! I've looked into it and having the real plastic ones triple-plated in show chrome is going to cost at least a couple hundred bucks. :tear: But I'm going to do it to match my rims and chrome front bowtie.

Mr. P.

ps - what might be cheaper is to find a place that does the deposited aluminum coating method (process used to make headlight reflectors), that would be a bit less expensive but I'm assuming not as durable.

Im sure you can get them chromed out. I was going to call,

www.acplating.com and ask for a quote, but I also heard they are really expensive! So I was debating because I want chrome SS emblems all the way around! I'm still looking around for more places that will do it. Hopefully I can find a decent priced one! :smash:

I received a quote of $60 - $90 to plate all of the exterior S's.

Thats a decent price. Where is this located? :] :thumbs:

http://www.classiccomponents.com/

thats where i got my brake ducts chromed, they came out pretty nice!!

I received a quote of $60 - $90 to plate all of the exterior S's.

Thats a decent price. Where is this located? :] :thumbs:

http://www.classiccomponents.com/

thats where i got my brake ducts chromed, they came out pretty nice!!

Chase,

Did you have the center & 2 duct grilles plated as well?