Metal paste on magnetic drain plug

I just performed my second oil change. I changed it the first time at 500 miles. It had a metal "paste" stuck to the magnet on the drain plug then and I just had some today. It has 5033 miles on it today. Is the paste normal? Have any of you guys had that also?

By the way, I switched over to synthetic this oil change. I used Mobil 1 5W30. It still had 21% oil life remaining, but I could not stand to go any more miles on the old oil. I will follow the oil life monitor with the synthetic. The oil life monitor is calibrated for standard oil, so the synthetic will get changed early - which is OK with me. Kind of like a "safety factor."

Thanks in advance.

Mike

That metal paste is pretty normal for a new engine. It is made of parts that are breaking in mainly the rings and cylinder bores. The crosshatch on the cylinders and the rings kind of sand themselves together for a tight seal. There's probably a little metal from cam and lifter break in also. I wouldn't sweat it as long as it is just a little sludge.

Dave

That metal paste is pretty normal for a new engine. It is made of parts that are breaking in mainly the rings and cylinder bores. The crosshatch on the cylinders and the rings kind of sand themselves together for a tight seal. There's probably a little metal from cam and lifter break in also. I wouldn't sweat it as long as it is just a little sludge.

Dave

:withstupid: Paste =OK, Chips = :cry: