tire help!!! ASAP!!!!

04silveradoclone07ss

now i was told to use the asap only on urgent occasions and this is one....

please keep in mind im on a reg cab.04 lowered 2 inches in the back..

ok i just go the tires and went go put them on. they are stock tires so there p275/55 the same as yours except mine rub on the drivers side. and hits my lower valence.(the grey part) now i belive its becuase the bumper isnt lined up correctly and its closer on the drivers side. but on the pass side its perfeclty fine except when you crank the wheel to the left at the very end it rubs a little( is that normal) but it only when the wheel is turned all the way. but im so confused on the driver. like the wheels are huge. are the widths diffrent? and i didnt get to put the backs on because i put the stocks back on front because of the rubbing issue i lowered mine 2 inches and when i put the tire up against the truck the tires higher than the wheel well! i dont know if it will tuck under but i dont want to hit a bump and have the tire crush in my fender! and help please i need it asap!!

please help

I believe they are much wider than the stockers in your sig photo. The new ones should be the same overall height of what you have on now. Larger rim(20), and lower profile tire (55). They shouldn t rub anyplace. Thats all I can figure by what you posted.

Its hard o say you might rub at full turn no matter what you do... Unless you trim the lower valance... if the bumer is leaning that might be the problem... On the other note if your looking to sell the current rims on your truck once you get this worked out let me know... I need some winter ones If rhey are 17'

I've seen this before; I sold my rims to a local guy here that put them on his 2003 Silverado RC and they rub the inner fender wells on that truck too, and odly enough it's worse on the driver's side like yours. The truck I'm describing has the torsion bar keys cranked down and 2" lowering shackles. Sorry that I don't know what to suggest other than getting lower profile tires :dunno:

Mr. P.

ok im probally doing to wrong but my tires say 275/55/20 but i measured them and the rim is like 21.5" and the tire is like 10.5 wide. are they all the same. this sucks if they dont fit. they spin freely except when you turn hard like all the way. i need some advice to make them fit coorectly!!! :cry:

The tire will always measure bigger than the rim, But as for the rims being a 21.5 I think you measured it wrong... If your haveing problems at full turn I would not worry about it...I rub turning also...As long as its not cutting into your tires...

Are your stock 16" or 17"???

The rims should measure 20" from one tire bead surface to the other. You have 3/4" lip on them all the way around, and you would not get a different size tire mounted on a 20" rim. I think your problem lies in the rim's offset. Maybe a spacer and longer studs is in your future. :dunno:

There should not be a problem fitting these on your truck. My brother has his truck '04 (just like yours) lowered 3/4 with 20's and same size tires. It will rub a little bit on the inside if you try and turn too sharply but otherwise you should get most of your turning radius that you had stock. Hope that helps. ;)

Edit: Upon second thought, my brother actually has 275/45/20's on his truck. However, being at the ride height that you're at you should still have plenty of room without much, if any rubbing.

Edited by foxySS (see edit history)

well thanks for the help guys its only hitting the bumper( the grey valance plastic part) . so i went to a body shop and they are going to move the bumper out a 1.5" so be equall with the other side. and there is no problem on the pass side except at full turn just rubs the sway bar so no big problems there. so next monday the bumper is being reallined. i have pics of the wheels and them on the pass side, but didnt put them all on once i realized the drivers side rubbed.

100_23961.jpg

100_23951.jpg

100_2403.jpg

100_2404.jpg

100_2402.jpg

one more thing guys...everyone interseted in my stock wheels, they are 16's not 17's. sorry. but i didnt want to sell them because i always want a spare sett just in case. but i migth get another set of new 20's so i might sell my stocks. but mike (quixxierider) gets first dibs because he lives close by and a good freind but there open to anyone if i decided to sell...

Edited by 04silveradoclone07ss (see edit history)