Need a new Quad exhaust

CaliChevyV8

everyone has different opinions on this, personally yosh is alright but IMO white brothers suck, all they are is loud. You may want to look at the trx forums for the best insight. There are to many variables for this matter which I cannot get into cause it will be pages upon pages. Just do a little research for what type of riding you will be doing, noise level, etc.

I've already been all over the 450R site, and they all say that white bro's aren't that good. I've seen dyno charts that have convinced me.

I just wanted to bring up the topic on here since the site has seemed kinda dead lately and I wanted the SS bro's opinions. So far I'm thinkin about DASA, Rossier, ESR or HMF :dunno: I just got back into riding so thats why I'm kinda lost.

HMF is pretty good choice for the money, what kind of riding do you do? Each pipe will have a different effect throughout the RPM range so thats why its hard to really narrow it down.

Also Curtis sparks makes a decent all around exhaust, but can be pricey

Edited by fox_forma (see edit history)

Personally honda's are already nice from the factory. Aftermarket systems on these quads only seem to make them louder more than anything else. If I were to ride more sandpits or open desert areas, I would do exhaust but for woods riding I like to keep stock.

Have you looked into the honda powerup kit? Not sure if you can get just part of it or the whole thing but they appear to give a new headpipe and a diffeternt core for the stock exhaust.

Powerup

Edited by thallent (see edit history)

I've already been all over the 450R site, and they all say that white bro's aren't that good. I've seen dyno charts that have convinced me.

I just wanted to bring up the topic on here since the site has seemed kinda dead lately and I wanted the SS bro's opinions. So far I'm thinkin about DASA, Rossier, ESR or HMF :dunno: I just got back into riding so thats why I'm kinda lost.

Kyle,

I know most of the builders and pipe fabbers ... To give you a choice on a good pipe, I need to know your mods and your intended mods, because to get the MOST out of a pipe, I need to know where and how your motor makes power ...

In that, if you want the BEST pipe for overall performance that will make it actually feel like you made an improvement, the SPARKS RACING 2" core X5 pipe would be my choice ... (I have run 4 or 5 different pipes on my R and I run the sparks X6 witht he 2 1/4" BIG core) ... The pipe has some things other pipes on the market don't have, on dyno results you DO NOT want to look at HP max or curve, you want to look at the pipe that makes the BROADEST and BIGGEST (flat and overall) torque curve ... The TQ that comes on earliest, holds the longest and is broadest is what accelerates a quad ... NOT max HP

However, if you still have the stock cam, you are wasting your money on a full system ... In this case, go with the HMF slip-on sport or the DR. D (dubach racing) slip-on ...

The stock Honda header is very adequate with a slip-on if you have not upgraded the stock cam ... and I wouldn't think you have increased compression without doing the cam ...

my .02

Edited by 11H (see edit history)

Yeah I was thinkin about gettin that. Then I just decided I wanted to do a full exhaust for now then maybe throw a cam in later down the road. Thanks for the link though.

You have to decide on a cam now then before you run a full pipe ... a cam on this quad is not equal; they all do different things and mismatch the pipe to cam and you might have a quad that is not what you want ...

Where do you ride and how?

I can recommend a cam then ... (BTW, I wrote many of the tech posts in the FAQ of the trx450r.org site when I was admin there ... I helped start that site from the word go) ... I admin at atvtech.net now

Kyle,

I know most of the builders and pipe fabbers ... To give you a choice on a good pipe, I need to know your mods and your intended mods, because to get the MOST out of a pipe, I need to know where and how your motor makes power ...

In that, if you want the BEST pipe for overall performance that will make it actually feel like you made an improvement, the SPARKS RACING 2" core X5 pipe would be my choice ... (I have run 4 or 5 different pipes on my R and I run the sparks X6 witht he 2 1/4" BIG core) ... The pipe has some things other pipes on the market don't have, on dyno results you DO NOT want to look at HP max or curve, you want to look at the pipe that makes the BROADEST and BIGGEST (flat and overall) torque curve ... The TQ that comes on earliest, holds the longest and is broadest is what accelerates a quad ... NOT max HP

However, if you still have the stock cam, you are wasting your money on a full system ... In this case, go with the HMF slip-on sport or the DR. D (dubach racing) slip-on ...

The stock Honda header is very adequate with a slip-on if you have not upgraded the stock cam ... and I wouldn't think you have increased compression without doing the cam ...

my .02

So far I am all stock. I don't think I wanna go crazy moding the quad. If I do I cam it won't be for a couple seasons. For now I am just thinkin about exhaust, jetting, and air box/filter. What are your thoughts on these systems: DASA, Rossier, ESR?

Kyle,

my .02

So far I am all stock. I don't think I wanna go crazy moding the quad. If I do I cam it won't be for a couple seasons. For now I am just thinkin about exhaust, jetting, and air box/filter. What are your thoughts on these systems: DASA, Rossier, ESR?

what year is your R, and where and how do you like to ride it? (revved out, lugging it, dunes, trails, MX, XC, what?)

Edited by 11H (see edit history)