Car/Truck Alarms

foxforma, i also have the Viper 791xv. when it came to protecting my truck (and high dollar audio system) i could not bring myself to skimp. I paid $600 for everything including installation. First and formost, the installation is the most important part of the alarm system. make sure the installer solders everything and hides everything very well. For that price, i got the viper 791xv, window up/down module, battery backup, piezo interior siren, 1 extra engine bay siren, additional switch for the tailgate, a hood switch, and remote start.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm not trying to skimp but I just never really knew how much they cost when all said and done with. Most of my past vehicles already had them so I never worried about it. Just seems wierd that you can get a nice set-up for $200-$300 but the install costs $300+ alone. Just didnt know that I guess.

Cool, thanks for the info.  I'm not trying to skimp but I just never really knew how much they cost when all said and done with.  Most of my past vehicles already had them so I never worried about it.  Just seems wierd that you can get a nice set-up for $200-$300 but the install costs $300+ alone.  Just didnt know that I guess.

It costs money in labor to hit all tte correct wires depending on window switches, heated seats, extra sirens, battery backup etc. We usually charge $25-$50 per addon module in labor.

Cool, thanks for the info.  I'm not trying to skimp but I just never really knew how much they cost when all said and done with.  Most of my past vehicles already had them so I never worried about it.  Just seems wierd that you can get a nice set-up for $200-$300 but the install costs $300+ alone.  Just didnt know that I guess.

It costs money in labor to hit all tte correct wires depending on window switches, heated seats, extra sirens, battery backup etc. We usually charge $25-$50 per addon module in labor.

thats about right and it adds up quick. I would guess with all the stuff on my truck. the motorized toono cover, windows, heated seats, I would say 900-1200 of I were to do it for a customer

thats about right and it adds up quick. I would guess with all the stuff on my truck. the motorized toono cover, windows, heated seats, I would say 900-1200 of I were to do it for a customer

Damn.

• 1 month later...

I didnt want to start another thread so I figured I would post here first. For XMas my girl friend got me a Viper 771 w/install from best buy. Is there any difference between the 771 and the 791 besides the remote? Is it worth the 100 bucks and the chance of upsetting her to upgrade to the 791? Next I was thinking about adding a battery back up and an additional sensor. What is better the glass break audio sensor or the invisabeam sensor? Do I get the battery back up for the system or the battery back up siren? Is it worth it to get a mini-siren to mount under the dash? The guy at best buy I spoke to about doing the install seemed very knowledgeable about the system and my truck, is there anything I should ask him, or tell him about how I want my install done?

I didnt want to start another thread so I figured I would post here first. For XMas my girl friend got me a Viper 771 w/install from best buy. Is there any difference between the 771 and the 791 besides the remote? Is it worth the 100 bucks and the chance of upsetting her to upgrade to the 791? Next I was thinking about adding a battery back up and an additional sensor. What is better the glass break audio sensor or the invisabeam sensor? Do I get the battery back up for the system or the battery back up siren? Is it worth it to get a mini-siren to mount under the dash? The guy at best buy I spoke to about doing the install seemed very knowledgeable about the system and my truck, is there anything I should ask him, or tell him about how I want my install done?

Pimp you didnt anwser my question at all.

***BUMP***

***BUMP***

I like the 791... but for only 1 reason FM the 791 is fm transmitted where the 771 is am wich gives the 791 better range which to a lot of people isent important because they dont care about remote starting or unlocking there car from a great distance BUT dont forget you do have the 2 way and I want to know when my alam is going off as far away from my truck as possible... other then that they use differnt remotes (I actually like the look of the LED 771 remote better) the 771 is LED the 791 is LCD (the LCD 791 will actually show you why your show you why your alarm is going off and puts a little smoke out of the exhaust pipe on the display when the car is sucessfully remote started on). ALSO BestBuy generally does great installs and the warrantee cant be beat.