Relearn Question

rickr0463

Hey guys, been out to sea all week, and got back today to find my PCM came from w4me came. I went by the instructions and read the part about the SES coming on and that I would have to take the truck to have relearn done. Truck started right up, but I dont have the SES on. Does this mean that I dont have to relearn done? Thanks in advance with your thoughts. btw, have'nt driven it yet....wife is at the grocery store, so its eatin me up to try it out :driving:

its always good to get it done after any type of mail order tune. Watch out how much dealers try to charge you. I had ones trying to charge me $90, finally I found a dealer who did it for $25. It only takes about 5 min to do and 4 of them is hooking up the scan tool. Also make sure they dont reflash your PCM, you only need a crank relearn

Hey guys, been out to sea all week, and got back today to find my PCM came from w4me came. I went by the instructions and read the part about the SES coming on and that I would have to take the truck to have relearn done. Truck started right up, but I dont have the SES on. Does this mean that I dont have to relearn done? Thanks in advance with your thoughts. btw, have'nt driven it yet....wife is at the grocery store, so its eatin me up to try it out  :driving:

after i did my nelson mail order tune, also no ses light. month later or so, ses light - crank sensor relearn needed. had dealer do it which does not entail reflashing the computer and that was that.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Drove it around lastnight, and really like the results. Gonna take it to a friends shop and have the relearn done. Next will be shift kit and TC. Again thanks for the guidance to all that replied :cheers: